Friendly reminder...

V8 Beast

If your car was garaged over the winter dont forget to turn your insurance back on before you go and enjoy the warmer weather this and next week.

This message was brought to you by the Garage Queens of America/Columbus Division

"We have more money on the floor of our garage than you make in a year"

If your car was garaged over the winter dont forget to turn your insurance back on before you go and enjoy the warmer weather this and next week.

This message was brought to you by the Garage Queens of America/Columbus Division

"We have more money on the floor of our garage than you make in a year"

Actually, its not legal in Ohio to ever cease insurance on a car/truck. Only motorcycles. If they pick you at random in January to show proof of insurance and you don't have it, guess what.... you lose you license.

Actually, its not legal in Ohio to ever cease insurance on a car/truck. Only motorcycles. If they pick you at random in January to show proof of insurance and you don't have it, guess what.... you lose you license.

This cannot be true. I am assuming as long as you have another car you are OK. I turn my insurance off and on every year. Maybe since I never actually terminate the policy I only suspend it? The car is not even on the road I find it hard to believe they can make anything of a car sitting in a garage I own.

The only way to legally kill all insurance on a car is to surrender your license plates. If you get the audit and didn't have it insured, it is on you to prove the vehicle was inoperable. Guilty until proven innocent. However, just having it garaged for the season isn't excuse enough to pull insurance in the eyes of the Ohio BMV.

I don't give a shit and don't worry about it. I have always called State Farm and put my summer only cars under basically fire only coverage. The agent never said anything to me and I've never been audited or asked, etc. In fact I don't think I know anyone who has been asked.

This cannot be true. I am assuming as long as you have another car you are OK. I turn my insurance off and on every year. Maybe since I never actually terminate the policy I only suspend it? The car is not even on the road I find it hard to believe they can make anything of a car sitting in a garage I own.

You can turn your insurance off. If they randomly audit you all you need is a statement from a mechanic claiming it doesn't run.

If they verify it (which there's a good chance they will) and it is found to be in running condition, you get fraud charges on top of the no insurance. You have good luck with that dumbass. Just keep your car insured.

Dave: Yes, if you have collector car plates you can have seasonal insurance. Part of that is you're only allowed to drive it like 500 or 1000 miles per year.

I don't give a shit and don't worry about it. I have always called State Farm and put my summer only cars under basically fire only coverage. The agent never said anything to me and I've never been audited or asked, etc. In fact I don't think I know anyone who has been asked.

I agree and I have been doing this for over 20 years. I just remove the liability and keep comp. I have been audited one time, no big deal.

I called State Farm Friday, put coverage back in force & drove vette to work yesterday. In the winter I don't cease insurance coverage but I do put it in "withdrawn from use" status. Which means its covered if the garage catches fire, garage roof caves in etc. You just don't drive it while in that status. Not a big deal UNLESS you have an open loan on vehicle or a lease -

I'm told as long as you have another forn of transpertation on the policy it's ok to drop it to comprehensive. Since I started modding the TA a few years bacl I have done it every winter with no issues.

Brandon, my comprehensive policy does coverage flood damage. Call and check, it might be part of his policy.

I'm told as long as you have another forn of transpertation on the policy it's ok to drop it to comprehensive. Since I started modding the TA a few years bacl I have done it every winter with no issues.

Brandon, my comprehensive policy does coverage flood damage. Call and check, it might be part of his policy.

alright i think hes gonna check it out when he gets back in town!