Tivo + Time Warner?

large_x7

Anybody using Tivo with Time Warner digital cable? I am now on my 3rd HD-DVR in less than a year using the service. Time-Warner's DVR is a piece of shit, to say the least, and I am sick of it breaking. Every time it is the same story: we just issued a new software, we are working on the problem, etc... Only TW could scam people into paying them money for something that is so crappy. So am seriously considering getting a Tivo HD with George Bush's $600 and just renting a cable card from TW. The monthly rate would be about the same, just $10 would be going to Tivo instead of TW. Anybody else doing this? Any issues?

And I live in an apartment, so I can't switch to WOW or Dish, so don't even bother rubbing salt in my wounds by suggesting it.

TW pisses me off. I'm on my 2nd DVR. This one is working. The first one recorded when it wanted to and stuttered my sound like crazy. The BS of it is each time you call to bitch, they say "ya, we are aware of this prob" It should be fixed soon.

No they just have to provide it. But from what I've read, they will still charge to install it. (How hard can it be to insert a stupid card into a cable box?!) Without looking, I think it's $1.95 per card per month.

Currently I pay $16/mo. Tivo would be $10+$2+$2 (for two tuners)=$14/mo

TW pisses me off. I'm on my 2nd DVR. This one is working. The first one recorded when it wanted to and stuttered my sound like crazy. The BS of it is each time you call to bitch, they say "ya, we are aware of this prob" It should be fixed soon.

If that's all it does, then you are lucky. I decided I could live with the DVR NOT DOING WHAT IT IS DESIGNED TO DO (you know, record stuff), but my past 2 DVRs have completely frozen, to the point where they won't even turn on and I can't even watch live TV. I have to unplug the cable from the DVR and directly into my TV. Then it's no digital and no HD! I told TW that I was going to deduct 25% of my payment to them this month since I was without service for a whole week.