another new one

Guest Uriel

Guest Uriel

Hey guys I figure i should say hi b4 going around the rest of the site. I'm a noob with a few cars a truck and a new to me bike.

Projects

93 honda del sol turbo D16

"Stock" ;)

76 chevy K20

93 Honda Civic D15

98 VW Jetta 2.slow

87 yahmaha FZR1000

Guest Uriel

ok so here's a bit more...

my fav toy right now is my turbo D, it's a d16 block from a crx with a stock d15b7 (non vtec) head this is just a temp setup. It has forged pistons, H beam rods, a block gaurd and a small turbo. It's a work in progress including a work up of vtec head (cam springs porting etc...) dsm injectors, fuel press reg, cam gear and other goodies. I'm curently looking for someone who can tune boosted setups on a hondata s300.

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm92/Uriel44256/IMAGE_00009.jpg

my car when i rolled it off the lot. alot has changed since then :)

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm92/Uriel44256/DelBoosto.jpg

my homemade manifold, the turbo, and some of the downpipe

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm92/Uriel44256/DelMan1.jpg

everything installed

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm92/Uriel44256/Jan08_0001.jpg

and just a toy :D

It used to be Ben's (aka SpaceGhost's) He was nice enough to part with it so i couldpick it up after Scott (aka Buckeye) passed on the chance. Thanx guys...

Guest Uriel
your pictures are a giant pile of failure. I cant see a damn thing

ha ha I figured it out...

ne who sorry 'bout the mess up It won't happen again I promis.

• 4 weeks later...
welcome

^^ See what you did there^^...Noobs welcoming Noobs isnt such a hot idea,I dont personally have a problem with it but some of the senior members Have an issue with it.

Just a friendly warning Noobs don't welcome noobs

Guest Uriel
He has ricer traits once in a while so I smack him in the back of the head and things are good again. I have been trying to get him in a RWD drive for a while but I guess he likes loss of traction :(

If i promis not to put a phat aluminum wing on my del sol and my civic can i post else were? but I'm not getting rid of my fart can on the civic.

I'm happy in my f(wrong)wd and my 90hp (130hp by ricer math) is ?fun? to beat on

Guest Uriel
Do you by chance work on main st. @ carquest? Is this is the del sol with the piping that nearly drags the ground ?

:rolleyes:

ya that's me.... but the piping is fixed now... tucked in nice and neat. I had to do the downpipe (largely due to i ran out of pipe and $) in a flex pipe and the bends weren't sharp enough. i since then (as this was months ago) fixed the issue with fresh j and u bend pipes from jegs

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Uriel

since i can't post anywhere else i have to ask help here.

in my 93 honda civic del sol i have an interesting list of parts that make up my frankenstin motor.

D16 block from a 90 crx si (stock crank, bearings, ect)

Srp 9.5:1 pistons

Eagle H beam rods

Eagle block guard

D16Y8 head (stock cam & springs)

D15b7 Intake manifold, ECU & wireing harness

put it all together with a d15b7 head and oil pressure is right where it should be

80 psi cold temp @ idle

25 psi norm temp @ idle

75 psi norm temp @ 3000rpm

now when i put on the D16Y8 head (with the v-tec solenoid unpluged) the oil presure works as normal when the engine as cold but as soon as the motors is warm the oil pressure hovers right around 25 psi give or take 5 psi with no regaurd to engine rpm. also worth noting when i put the motor together i put on a new (stock) oil pump and put over 1000 miles no prob, untill the head swap.

any help is welcome thanks

since i can't post anywhere else i have to ask help here.

in my 93 honda civic del sol i have an interesting list of parts that make up my frankenstin motor.

D16 block from a 90 crx si (stock crank, bearings, ect)

Srp 9.5:1 pistons

Eagle H beam rods

Eagle block guard

D16Y8 head (stock cam & springs)

D15b7 Intake manifold, ECU & wireing harness

put it all together with a d15b7 head and oil pressure is right where it should be

80 psi cold temp @ idle

25 psi norm temp @ idle

75 psi norm temp @ 3000rpm

now when i put on the D16Y8 head (with the v-tec solenoid unpluged) the oil presure works as normal when the engine as cold but as soon as the motors is warm the oil pressure hovers right around 25 psi give or take 5 psi with no regaurd to engine rpm. also worth noting when i put the motor together i put on a new (stock) oil pump and put over 1000 miles no prob, untill the head swap.

any help is welcome thanks

Ohiohonda's ?

Guest Uriel
Mike Welcome, take that pic down it makes me sad and my wrist starts to hurt looking at it! ;)

Edit: Way to take the pic of the "Good" side. :)

I was wondering how long till you saw it :-) I found a panel for the other side then i'll get it all painted real nice.