cut out or tru duals

yellowsnake

Stacey David's Copperhead truck had a real neat set of electric cutouts

http://www.gearztv.com/index.php?em2048=96289_-1__0_~0_-1_4_2008_0_0&content=projects&em2463=&ek=96289

I think the ones on Copperhead used a sliding door, there is another company that makes ones that are bufferfly valves.

have a 2000 camaro z-28. should i do tru duals or a cut out. who to go with on both. if i do a cut out then i'd like to go eletric and who makes a good one.

I went with a QTP cutout. its nice because i can close it and it sounds stock, then open it up for a nice loud sound.

QTP... lifetime warranty... lol...

try a 90 day warranty. I'm on the third motor for my dual electrics. I'd recommend DMH, they open faster, and have a 3 year warranty. For an f-bod, ask him about his low profile ones, they work quite nicely without sacrificing any clearance!

i would need the 3inch correct? then what headers do you guys think i should go with?

Depends on how much you want pay. I see alot of people running pacesetters($550) for the cheaper end, then Kooks($1000) and a couple other on the high end.

DMH is the guy in cincinnati that makes them

3 or 4 - year warranty (can't remember - doesn't matter because I don't think they'll break)

(noone makes a lifetime warranty)

DMH is the only one that will warranty it for street or race driving

If you notice, QTP says 'race' only and street driving will void your warranty

DMH is the guy that started it all...making them out of his garage years ago

(he now has a huge CNC machine)

Buy QTP's and you'll replace them 2 or 3 times in 4 years

I've had 2 sets of DMH that I've never had to replace (except for a log i hit once...that broke one in half....and DMH replaced that for free)

There's no comparison in quality. Holding both in each hand would show you - the DMH are twice as heavy and use much better components

e-mail DMH directly and see if he'll give a big of a discount - he usually does

(don't tell him you drive a Ford or Chebby - he likes Pontiacs) :)

Call IPS and have them order you a set of headers, a new y pipe and then have them weld in a electric cutout and the nrun stock mufflers. Best of both worlds, quite when it needs to be and loud when you want it to be..

Listen to this man, he speaks the truth. I bought a catback and never use it... plus I picked up about 20rwhp with my cutout (will differ depending on mods).

I have a QTP on my car and use it all the time. I have my cut out rebuilt about once a year and it's about $30 to have them rebuilt.

If you want you can come look under my car, I still have the stock cat back on my car. I love having the option to make the car quite if needed.

I still have the stock cat back on my car. I love having the option to make the car quite if needed.

Agreed..... when Mr. Policman pulls you over...... you come home late..... driving through the neighborhood....

:thumbup:

Best of BOTH worlds!

KillJoy