95-00 Tacoma Owners:

street pilot

That's pretty awesome.

I need to go buy some beat-to-hell, non-running Tacoma's w/ rust damaged frames. :D

Hopefully they salvage the parts before scrapping the entire truck, because a lot of these trucks have great engines/bodies/interiors.

Supposedly your registration needed to be active prior to this announcement, because that was my first thought too. :D

Regardless, I think this is a very credible move by toyota.

Why would you link to something, that has a link to the original page? Why not just post the original link?

http://blog.lexus.com/2008/03/living-up-to-ou.html

Wow, as simple as that.

I haven't seen any of these trucks in for inspections yet. If you have a Tacoma and want me to give it a good inspection by a trustworthy CR member, just let me know and I can get you in contact with one of my advisors.

Why would you link to something, that has a link to the original page? Why not just post the original link?

http://blog.lexus.com/2008/03/living-up-to-ou.html

Wow, as simple as that.

I haven't seen any of these trucks in for inspections yet. If you have a Tacoma and want me to give it a good inspection by a trustworthy CR member, just let me know and I can get you in contact with one of my advisors.

There is a lot more useful information in the link I posted, including the link you posted, official bulletins that have been sent to dealerships, as well as customer experiences. Not that simple. :p

Which dealership do you work at? I called Toyota West and the service manager is supposed to be calling me back since the techs had not yet even heard about this warranty extension.

There is a lot more useful information in the link I posted, including the link you posted, official bulletins that have been sent to dealerships, as well as customer experiences. Not that simple. :p

Which dealership do you work at? I called Toyota West and the service manager is supposed to be calling me back since the techs had not yet even heard about this warranty extension.

Tansky Sawmill Toyota.

I haven't yet heard of it either, but I'm sure theirs information on it on TIS.

• 1 month later...

We just had the first Tacoma bought out that I've heard of so far.

'00 Tacoma 4x4 with 160k on it bought out by Toyota for $18,000.

Plus if you buy a new Toyota you get another $1k and $500 for a used Toyota from a dealership.

If any of you have a Tacoma you could get it checked out so you can get a huge check.

We just had the first Tacoma bought out that I've heard of so far.

'00 Tacoma 4x4 with 160k on it bought out by Toyota for $18,000.

Plus if you buy a new Toyota you get another $1k and $500 for a used Toyota from a dealership.

If any of you have a Tacoma you could get it checked out so you can get a huge check.

now that is a sweet deal...

just told my brother-in-law about this he is headin to his dealership tomorrow.

I know they aren't recalling every single one, but a lot of them. The dealership will let him know if his truck was one of the trucks recalled.

my uncle just had this happen.. was in for a routine oil change they took him out and ball peen hammered his frame and tadaa.. he bought the truck in 2000 1 yr old for $18,000 drove it 8 yrs and put 90k on it they bought it back for $17000 told him if he wanted to buy a new toyota theyd give him $18,200.. walked away with a brand new truck for $7,800

my uncle just had this happen.. was in for a routine oil change they took him out and ball peen hammered his frame and tadaa.. he bought the truck in 2000 1 yr old for $18,000 drove it 8 yrs and put 90k on it they bought it back for $17000 told him if he wanted to buy a new toyota theyd give him $18,200.. walked away with a brand new truck for $7,800

Where'd he take it?

We just had two more come in yesterday and get condemed.

Thats exactly the reason Toyota has risen to the top of automakers. We all know how the former big three handled some known issues over the years. I owned a `96 mazda 626 which the trans died. I found out that was a very common problem once I started looking around mazda forums and I also found that mazda never did anything except charge you for the new trans and labor.

I didn't pursue the fix I just put a can of transmission repair gunk in it and traded it in:-)

Evan