tranny install

yellowsnake

soi had a guy who has done work for me before install the tranny. now, not only do i have a SHITTY tranny but it POURS, and i mean POURS tranny fluid out. it is comeing from about everywhere. i think the dumbass didn't know what he was doin. so should i rebuild the factory tranny, reinstall it, but not by the same dumbass, and take the other one back the the junk yard and get my money back. if someone could help a brotha out i would love it. i just paid him 600 to fix NOTHING!!!! HELP ME

wow $600 is way too much for a side job trans install on that thing.

dave, no drain plug on those. the is a fill plug and a full check plug.

yellowsnake, they are not maintance free. you do need to change the filters and fluid. every 50k is what i like to do. if you do it at 100k you really risk cauing the transmission to go out due to the new fluid.

Guest 614Streets
Dam bro , hey my shop is almost back up , I almost finished installing my new lift today , I have a few guys in line but I just picked up a new transjack too so I am going to be doing alot of clutch and transmission swap stuff for cr people.

it wasn;t on the side is was through a shop. it was 400 but he fucked up the speed sensior and had to put it on the computer so he says. it appears to be leaking around the pan or thats where all the fluid is and the colts are all tight. not leaking from the tranny lines. any other place i should look?

i have to have this done by this weekend. if someone can help let em know. either rebuild my tranny which is in my trunk or i'm gonna have to spend the money at columbus transmission for the rebuild. but if someone can't do it then i'm gonna drop it off monday.

I think Nikki sent you a quote. It's still good and we can help if you want us too. Let me know.

Mike

it wasn;t on the side is was through a shop. it was 400 but he fucked up the speed sensior and had to put it on the computer so he says. it appears to be leaking around the pan or thats where all the fluid is and the colts are all tight. not leaking from the tranny lines. any other place i should look?

i have to have this done by this weekend. if someone can help let em know. either rebuild my tranny which is in my trunk or i'm gonna have to spend the money at columbus transmission for the rebuild. but if someone can't do it then i'm gonna drop it off monday.

maybe he forgot the gasket? pull the pan off and replace the gasket. cheap thing to try before paying for a rebuild. when my tranny went out in the GTP I had fluid pouring out the vent hole on the top of the tranny, could check that too.

i just checked and the fluid is coming out of the cap which has a vent hole in it. what would cause this? when i driv ethe car and get above 4-4500 rpms its like it is taking forever to get any more rpm. could this be the torque converter. i never had this issue until this tranny.