Street racing question

V8 Beast

For those of you that usually do not race on the street would you race someone if the race was from (choose from the list below)

00 - 65mph?

10 - 65

00 - 80

10 - 80

00 - 100

10 - 100

20 - 100

40 - 100

10 - 110

00 - 120

20 - 120

40 - 120

40 - 140

100 - 200 aka the Death Wish Special

I was driving the other day and hit the gas so that I could get on the freeway and not get stuck on the on ramp. I ended up going from 20mph - 85/90mph in wot and thought to myself, "whats the difference between what I just did and roll racing on motor?"... Nothing, except for the penalty if you get caught.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

100 - 200 aka the Death Wish Special

LOL, hearting this.

I'm curious to know how many people have actually been 200mph on the street? Personally, I haven't. The closest I've come when driving is 180mph. I've been a passenger on two occasions when I'm fairly sure I was traveling faster than 180mph - one of those occasions was in a certain pewter Camaro where the speedo was pegged at 155mph for, oh, at least a minute while the tach continued to climb...

LOL, hearting this.

I'm curious to know how many people have actually been 200mph on the street? Personally, I haven't. The closest I've come when driving is 180mph. I've been a passenger on two occasions when I'm fairly sure I was traveling faster than 180mph - one of those occasions was in a certain pewter Camaro where the speedo was pegged at 155mph for, oh, at least a minute while the tach continued to climb...

i shut down a zx14 when it still had the speed limiter on it. its not 200 but its close......

00-80 or 00-100 depending on where/when/traffic.

I kinda got turned off of street racing a couple years ago. A complete jackass in a box (I think its a honda or toyota SUV that looks like a box) tried to race me in my Dodge neon (I could think of a million better cars to race than a 03 neon SE). I was in the fast lane, he was in the slow lane, I passed him by about 3/4 car length (we where driving about 95-100)- there was a car in the slow lane that he was coming up on and instead of taking the defeat or getting behind me and then trying to pass me later, he desided to pass the car on the right side curb. He's lucky he didn't have an accident. I absolutely hate when people do crap like that. :eek::(:mad: