Self porting and polishing?

Guest mrhobbz

While this is a repost. I've heard that some people have had success porting and polishing intake manifolds ( at least ones w/ simple runner and plenum geometry ) and exhaust headers a similar way. They've done it by taking the parts off the car, then filling the cavity only partially w/ fine grit sand, sealing the ends w/ tape, then placing the part on a lathe on low speed overnight. Kinda a cool idea, works like a rock tumbler, and from what I understand can produce REALLY good results if the geometry of the part works with it..... just something to think about ;).

While this is a repost. I've heard that some people have had success porting and polishing intake manifolds ( at least ones w/ simple runner and plenum geometry ) and exhaust headers a similar way. They've done it by taking the parts off the car, then filling the cavity only partially w/ fine grit sand, sealing the ends w/ tape, then placing the part on a lathe on low speed overnight. Kinda a cool idea, works like a rock tumbler, and from what I understand can produce REALLY good results if the geometry of the part works with it..... just something to think about ;).

similar to extrude honing, just ghettoer

reminds me of the kid with the beemer that couldnt find his oil filler cap and just put a sock in the hole temporarily and when it got sucked into the camshafts he didn't know what to do/what happened lol.

reminds me of the kid with the beemer that couldnt find his oil filler cap and just put a sock in the hole temporarily and when it got sucked into the camshafts he didn't know what to do/what happened lol.

That was a good one.