Proportioning valve...?

Stimmel1647545512

Okay well it seems the time has come to try to gut my stock prop valve and install an aftermarket one on my 88 5.0 with 93 cobra rear disc brakes, installing the aftermarket one is no big deal is there anybody that wants to gut the stock prob valve for me and do whatever you have to do to make it work...

Yes, I converted to rear disc and need to run aftermarket i know where you are talking about that junction on the passanger side is the spot 5.0 guys usally use im just wondering how to gut the stock valve or if i need to order somehting to do it like on maximum motor sports website...

Thanks

just get rid of the stock valve and put the adjustable one in

Thats really all that you need to do. Only reason to disassemble the stock valve would be to just keep it for distribution purposes for your lines.

just get rid of the stock valve and put the adjustable one in

Can you do that? the stock on is under the mastercylinder and has like 5 lines in and out of it, most adjustable ones i have seen mount where that junction over by the passanger side is...sorry if i sound like a tard im just sick of the car...

Yeah! He's sure. However, brakes are kind of important....I would recommend that you have someone ck them out when you are done and before you go speeding down the highway. Im sure CR doesn't want to loose any member so early in the year.

You sure about that? and how do I know what to set it at? Im about to head down to jegs and pick up a adj one now.

Im not disagreeing wit you Kevin or you either Mike I just have read so many things about this brake set up and stuff im just confused so i guess ill head to jegs and buy the valve bleed them and try it out

thanks for the info guys

Shouldn't be too much of a problem. Just double check to make sure there are no leaks, and take her for a short slower drive. Check again and you should be good.

That is my typical method with anything I do. Check twice, drive, check again. If you have any issues, PM me and I can try to make it out to give a hand.

Shouldn't be too much of a problem. Just double check to make sure there are no leaks, and take her for a short slower drive. Check again and you should be good.

That is my typical method with anything I do. Check twice, drive, check again. If you have any issues, PM me and I can try to make it out to give a hand.

Thats pretty much it man. Just take it easy. I have never screwed with the stock valve on any 5.0 that I have put the adj. valve on.