Vista has finally matured(more)

Mr. Jones

Thought I'd share with all of the nerds that vista SP1 = Teh Roxors.

(especially if you have ati cards (crossfire even better).

The "beta 8.4s" aka 8.3 hotfix drivers + Vista SP2 = better than xp by a mile.

And they even sped up disk throughput and various other tweaks. Patched vista runs like a raped ape now instead of a gimped pygmy goat.

:cool:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After I saw how hard vista was on my brother's new PC I decided to keep XP, but if it's better I may consider switching.. I'm still a bit weary about my PC specs running it though.

2ghz AMD with 1gig RAM Radeon 512 X850 PRO card.. I'm worried about the RAM issues my brother had.

After I saw how hard vista was on my brother's new PC I decided to keep XP, but if it's better I may consider switching.. I'm still a bit weary about my PC specs running it though.

2ghz AMD with 1gig RAM Radeon 512 X850 PRO card.. I'm worried about the RAM issues my brother had.

Yeah thats questionable. I'd say its worth a try on 2gb, but with 1 I'd stay away for now. 2GB + Dual Core and it would be no questions asked!

:)

Yeah thats questionable. I'd say its worth a try on 2gb, but with 1 I'd stay away for now. 2GB + Dual Core and it would be no questions asked!

:)

Doh, that's what I figured. :cry:

My brother could barely use his PC without the 2GB on Vista and I was given a little bit up hope by this thread, only to be let down :(

I'd upgrade if my car and school didn't completely take up my time and money, lol.

Doh, that's what I figured. :cry:

My brother could barely use his PC without the 2GB on Vista and I was given a little bit up hope by this thread, only to be let down :(

I'd upgrade if my car and school didn't completely take up my time and money, lol.

If he is running 2gb, he should def d/l SP1 from ms. It made worlds of difference. (enough for me to convert from xp).

Hell you might even be able to run it with SP1, if you crank everything back to "classic windows". Might try and re-partition temporarily to see if you like it.

Shawn I have a Radeon 9700 and Vista has sucked with it. I have kept current on all updates. Will SP1 help me? I thought SP1 is just all the updates I already have bundled together.

My PC crashes every couple of days because if the ATI drivers.

PS I am the schmuck that uses Legit Software. :o

Shawn I have a Radeon 9700 and Vista has sucked with it. I have kept current on all updates. Will SP1 help me? I thought SP1 is just all the updates I already have bundled together.

My PC crashes every couple of days because if the ATI drivers.

PS I am the schmuck that uses Legit Software. :o

Definately install SP1,

THen get the newest ATI drivers available.

I think you'll be happier.:cool:

Definately install SP1,

THen get the newest ATI drivers available.

I think you'll be happier.:cool:

Thanks Mang, When did this slip out? I'm always on my laptop(XP) and iPhone, I quit using my Vista PC because it would die in the middle of doing something.

It still takes forever to boot. Fawkin Windows Sidebar. But good lookin out. I wonder why SP1 just kinda snuck out. i figured M$ would have hyped it up.

Mine boots faster than hell (faster than xp ever did). I think it just unlocked all of my hardware secrets.