Where to look for a Ford Lightning?

KlubFoot

Found 8 on Yahoo Autos. All within 2.5hr of Cbus. Not sure you're going to find one for that price though.

I'm in the market for a CLEAN 99-01 Lightning.

-As close to stock as possible

-Under or very close to 50k miles

-Under $15k... the cheaper the better.

Where are some good places to look?

My buddy bought one at Germain Ford a couple months ago. Very nice and other than exhaust it looks very stock. What is the deal with those things not even being able to spin the tires from a dig. Is there somekind of non controlable traction control?

its a ford thing.......no balls.:)

I'm in the market for a CLEAN 99-01 Lightning.

-As close to stock as possible

-Under or very close to 50k miles

-Under $15k... the cheaper the better.

Where are some good places to look?

Not to discourage you but you are going to have a heck of a hard time finding one that meets those requirements and is a keeper for that price.

Also, I would stay away from the 99-00 models and pay more for a 01+ model. The 01+ has a lot of upgrades and is a much better, quicker, and usable truck.

03+ is going to get you the upgraded heads with the plug fix and a few other things. You could go on for days discussing these trucks so I'll keep it short. Like NXfedRAM said, www.svtperformance.com/ and www.nloc.net/ for more info than you can read.

P.S....if it won't spin the tires, something is seriously wrong.

I had another buddy thought that drove a 99 lightning and said it would spin the tires from a dig either. You can tell at 35 mph it has well enough grunt it should spin them all day long, but nothing from a dig. Not even hardly in the rain. Feels just like traction control.

My buddy bought one at Germain Ford a couple months ago. Very nice and other than exhaust it looks very stock. What is the deal with those things not even being able to spin the tires from a dig. Is there somekind of non controlable traction control?

Something was wrong with the motor or something, stock ones have problems planting the tires even though they have a passive traction control.

Get an 01 and up, the 99 and 00 had a few "issues".

Like said before, check out NLOC and SVTPerformance

I had another buddy thought that drove a 99 lightning and said it would spin the tires from a dig either. You can tell at 35 mph it has well enough grunt it should spin them all day long, but nothing from a dig. Not even hardly in the rain. Feels just like traction control.

The 99/00 trucks are a different animal so you may be right. However, they are almost 10-years old so anything could be wrong at this point.

I've driven several 01's and own a 03 and it has ZERO problem spinning the tires. I wish it didn't, maybe it would have gone low-13's stock... ;)

The 99/00 trucks are a different animal so you may be right. However, they are almost 10-years old so anything could be wrong at this point.

I've driven several 01's and own a 03 and it has ZERO problem spinning the tires. I wish it didn't, maybe it would have gone low-13's stock... ;)

My '01 > your '03 :p

You can usually find some L's on ebay, but some of them might be a long way off...Any Lightning that won't spin the tires has some serious problems...I have a buddy that has a bone stock '99 and it definitely goes up in smoke when he wants it to, which seems frequently...I can't afford to do that with mine.

Not to discourage you but you are going to have a heck of a hard time finding one that meets those requirements and is a keeper for that price.

I understand that. I am a little ways off from being able to buy one yet, so I set some standards to follow. I've got some time to search. It'll make it a little harder, but it should be worth it in the end.

Also, I would stay away from the 99-00 models and pay more for a 01+ model. The 01+ has a lot of upgrades and is a much better, quicker, and usable truck.

If I start looking past 01 they start really dropping out of that price range I'm trying to stick with. I understand the newer the better with these trucks, but it's also the newer the more expensive and currently I can't look much over $15k.

When I purchased my TL awhile back the dealer had a lightning on the lot and it was very clean. Not sure if it's still there and the price may be a little higher then you were looking to spend but figured i'd show you the link anyways. http://www.superdavesusedcars.com/vehicledetails.php?vid=15