Did a Vette blow up at Kil-Kare last week...?

Got-Boost?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They actually say "Dent" in every kits instructions I have ever read. For such a tiny area that needs altered you would be retarded to cut into the rail and attempt to re-weld. I will have to look at the APS instructions again to see how there's is worded but pretty sure they use "Dent" as well.

Now the Incon kit on the Mustang flat-out demanded that a Soft-ball size section of the frame be cut in order for it to fit. The car looked great and made silly power, the install of the kit looked great, and if it werent for threads like this I would have never even paid any attention to the "Notched" frame rail.

Frame-rail alterations weren't news worthy back in '88 when the Mustang TT kits started being sold or in '98 when the C5 kits first started coming out and it sure as hell isnt anything new now.

Jeff

Thanks for clearing that up Jeff. Im not accusing any shop of anything because I own a shop myself. But I can only assume what is being passed through this thread and you coming in with your reply? Like I said I dont know. I dont install turbos. I only upgrade intercoolers.

Thanks for clearing that up Jeff. Im not accusing any shop of anything because I own a shop myself. But I can only assume what is being passed through this thread and you coming in with your reply? Like I said I dont know.

Not a problem at all. As you can imagine, as a shop you want to alter as little as humany possible to anything on the car (Structural or otherwise). Hell, even just drilling tiny holes in various interior trim pieces for nitrous or gauges or boost controllers or whatever we always ask 10 times just to make sure we arent "Modifying" a stock piece that we didnt have to.

When you are talking about structural pieces (Whether it be a frame rail or radiator support or the firewall) its simply common sense -- you never touch anything you dont absolutely have to. If / when you absolutely have to you effect as small an area as possible (Again, complete common sense). Why on earth anyone thinks you would take a Jackhammer to an area the size of a ping-pong ball is beyond me.

Jeff

So I went to have my brake fluid changed at Valvoline, when I got home, found out they clearanced my frame to get the oil plug to fit!

bastards, now my car is totalled, i am calling the insurance to claim it...

This happened on mine but we decided it was safer to just leave the plug out than to clearance the frame.

I would have to say. If I put my car on a rack I would rather see my frame notched then beaten to shit. Now from what your saying "notched to hell and back" that would be a different story.

There's doing it right, and doing it wrong.

Wait, are'nt you the guy who paints in his shop with uncovered customer cars in the same space? I recall you stating that the overspray doesnt really get on those cars, but we all know better than that.

Now, what the fuck is it that people who live in glass houses should'nt throw?

• Upvote 1

Wait, are'nt you the guy who paints in his shop with uncovered customer cars in the same space? I recall you stating that the overspray doesnt really get on those cars, but we all know better than that.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj288/Dubs740/rambownd.jpg

This guy gets it, the rest :thumbdown

This is twice now you've posted something like this, and twice that I'm confused as to which side of the proverbial fence you're sitting. So, help me understand. Are you trying to make fun of IPS? Yes or no. TIA.

I think I just peed a little.

Really? How come, Stillman? I'd love to hear your take on this. You want to swoop in from the peanut gallery and post some random comment, I'm sure you have time to enlighten me on what exactly you're getting at.

Negative. They're covered when he paints, I see it first-hand every week while I'm in there.

Speaking of, my car is in there and has been since January. At 5+ cars a week painted in close proximity to mine for four months, there should be something on my car, right?

I'm not worried about it. My car still retains the factory paint job.

This is twice now you've posted something like this, and twice that I'm confused as to which side of the proverbial fence you're sitting. So, help me understand. Are you trying to make fun of IPS? Yes or no. TIA.

I think its safe to say he was adding in some sarcasm, with the sole intention of 'stirring the pot'.

though I have to tell you, i have never sat on a fence, it seems like it would be uncomfortable... even proverbial fences...

I think its safe to say he was adding in some sarcasm, with the sole intention of 'stirring the pot'.

I think you're right, but there's a flavor to his posts that make it seem like he's not really trying to imply that IPS did anything wrong. I just wanted clarification.

Negative. They're covered when he paints, I see it first-hand every week while I'm in there.

Speaking of, my car is in there and has been since January. At 5+ cars a week painted in close proximity to mine for four months, there should be something on my car, right?

I'm not worried about it. My car still retains the factory paint job.

Good I wouldnt know what to do with out you having a chamelaon colored car!!!

I think you're right, but there's a flavor to his posts that make it seem like he's not really trying to imply that IPS did anything wrong. I just wanted clarification.

Again, going out on a limb here, but I am going to guess that he, much like myself, doesnt even know anything about IPS, simply that there was an hysterical thread about your frame being cut with some retards who could only repeat that same thing over and over...

Also... You can taste posts??? thats amazing!

PS, where the fuck are the smilies!

Again, going out on a limb here, but I am going to guess that he, much like myself, doesnt even know anything about IPS, simply that there was an hysterical thread about your frame being cut with some retards who could only repeat that same thing over and over...

Also... You can taste posts??? thats amazing!

PS, where the fuck are the smilies!

Right, and that's mainly my concern, which is that all this stupid shit about IPS and the frame rails keeps getting regurgitated when it's been demonstrated repeatedly that IPS did exactly what is supposed to be done and did what every other quality shop does in situations like that. IPS is a great shop, they've done nothing but quality work for me on all of my cars, and I'm a little tired of seeing people take shots at them about this.

Also, yes, I can taste posts. I can also bench 4,760lbs and I control the power of the sun, kind of like Apollo, but minus the gay chariot.

Right, and that's mainly my concern, which is that all this stupid shit about IPS and the frame rails keeps getting regurgitated when it's been demonstrated repeatedly that IPS did exactly what is supposed to be done and did what every other quality shop does in situations like that. IPS is a great shop, they've done nothing but quality work for me on all of my cars, and I'm a little tired of seeing people take shots at them about this.

Also, yes, I can taste posts. I can also bench 4,760lbs and I control the power of the sun, kind of like Apollo, but minus the gay chariot.

Yea, I have heard nothing but good things from IPS on here, and no offense was meant to them at all. Just a little 'drama fo yo mama'

also, controlling the power of the sun is pretty cool I guess.... I control super massive black holes myself, found the cure to cancer and all the other worldy diseases last year, but the health insurance agencies paid me off to 'lose' them, I also found the solution to world peace, but it ruins my plans of world domination, so that cant get out either...