Looking for oxidized car(test)

wnaplay1647545503

I am looking for an oxidized car to try out a paint restorer I have been working on. I dont care if its a wreck in someones yard. I prefer it to not be all rusted out, or have chipping paint/clearcoat. I dont want to try it on anyones daily because, well I am not sure of the long term affects. If I cant find anyone, I will just hit up a junkyard. I have already tried this on my boat and project car. Both with promising results. The closer the better. I am in reynoldsburg. Thanks

And no this is not on the market, its something I have been toying with. Thanks

Come across the street

I looked at your car about 30 times today but wasnt sure if it was a good idea. I told alex I was just going to do it.:D I really have no idea of the long term affect. I so wish I had only done 1/2 of the corvair, but in my excitement, I did the whole thing,, doh.. It was the absolute best guinee pig. I did do 1/2 of the extra trunk lids I have. The look pretty good. Let me know if you dont mind.

i have a 91 oldsmobile that i havent done anything with in about 3 years and is highly oxidized

Let me know if I can try it out on it. I might have to have you sign a waiver or something. Although it is currently on my boat, parts of my van, my bike, and project car. Not to mention various other things I was going around testing on. I even did the vinyl in my car with the stuff.

Has anyone tried to take an oxidized car and try to bring the shine or at least try anything to bring the color back that works. How hard is the process? My corvair was completely faded, I tried buffing some areas, clay baring other areas, mothers 3 part wax system, and various other things that did absolutely nothing. A few actually made the car even worse, when I had nothing else to try in the garage, I tried the new stuff and did the entire car in 5 mins. The results were instant. Same with the boat, I had tried $$$ on chemicals to try and make the oxidized paint go away. But it always came right back. So far, it is staying away. I used it to fill in some scratches on my car and their gone. What is the best stuff out there and how hard is it to use?

First triple post :finger:

I buffed my old 86 Corolla when I got it by hand with a polishing compound and some wax and it turned out pretty damn good... most people never had an idea that it was oxidized as bad as it was(pretty much like a chalkboard). I might have some pictures on my other PC but it's currently down due to a PSU going bad.

I buffed my old 86 Corolla when I got it by hand with a polishing compound and some wax and it turned out pretty damn good... most people never had an idea that it was oxidized as bad as it was(pretty much like a chalkboard). I might have some pictures on my other PC but it's currently down due to a PSU going bad.

How much effort was needed?

I looked at your car about 30 times today but wasnt sure if it was a good idea. I told alex I was just going to do it.:D I really have no idea of the long term affect. I so wish I had only done 1/2 of the corvair, but in my excitement, I did the whole thing,, doh.. It was the absolute best guinee pig. I did do 1/2 of the extra trunk lids I have. The look pretty good. Let me know if you dont mind.

Just do it. It would prob benefit more from a good wet sanding tho.

How much effort was needed?

Well, it pretty much took all day and a lot of elbow grease. If I had the porter cable buffer I do now I probably could have done it much quicker, but it wasn't terrible I should say. Considering how horrible the paint was when I got the car, I probably restored it close to 80%. If I did a bit more buffing I'm sure I could have done better but I was already extremely satisfied.