Man tricks radar cameras.

ImUrOBGYN

Creative as hell. Even I have had cops ask me "Why is your car registered under a Toyota?" because my license plate is "5 O" as in the letter "O". It is even hard to distinguish when the camera is on it between it all let alone on a radar camera.

Im sure there is a db that can be searched by vehicle make along w/partial plate information. Cool idea none the less. I just find it funny how everyone hates on the cameras.

I just don't like "big brother" type shit in general.

**Fuck the radar camera debate. Just sayin'.

In 10 years the cars will not be able to break the speed limit unless you are given the ok in an emergency situation. Onstar-like systems that control the cars computer will pwn us all.

It wont happen bc the Local Govt will lose too much money from not having speeding tickets

That is why i am keeping atleast one of my non pcu cars.

It will be like demoliction man.

It wont happen bc the Local Govt will lose too much money from not having speeding tickets

That is why i am keeping atleast one of my non pcu cars.

It will be like demoliction man.

That AND it would be a huge safety issue not to allow cars to have the extra torque and hp necessary to use in emergency situations such as passing, maneuvering, and bank robbing. But, I guess if we all had to do the speed limit it would be a big single file line anyways.

In 10 years the cars will not be able to break the speed limit unless you are given the ok in an emergency situation. Onstar-like systems that control the cars computer will pwn us all.

And you think we wont hack that computer like we do the PCM now?

I'm pretty sure that Ohio put stipulations in place on their personal plates that prevent this type of plate from being made.

from oplates.com:

PLEASE NOTE: All personalized or initial license plates are subject to approval. If you are applying for a personalized or initial license plate it may appear to be approved when ordering, however, each plate must be approved by a committee before it is issued. Ohio Revised Code section 4503.10(E) grants the Registrar of the Bureau of Motor Vehicles the authority to revoke license plates that were issued fraudulently or in error.

ZERO (Ø) MUST ALWAYS BE LED OR FOLLOWED BY ANOTHER NUMBER 1-9.

These Plates must contain no less than four letters and no more than seven letters or combination of four letters and numbers. No spaces are allowed for motorcycle plates containing five characters. Personalized plates up to six characters may be ordered for logo plates.

Spacing Guidelines: Personalized plates are produced with uniformly sized spaces.

1, 2, or 3 characters/letters - NO spaces permitted

4 characters/letters - spaces permitted is up to (5)

5 characters/letters - spaces permitted is up to (4)

6 characters/letters - spaces permitted is up to (3)

7 characters/letters - spaces permitted is up to (2)

although it still let me put this in: "MNNMWMW", I don't know if it'd actually get approved by the BMV

the general idea is just to make it difficult to pick out at a quick glance. Since Ohio went to non-stamped plates it makes them easier to read as well. Hell if you really want to do it, find some blue or black tape and just alter the letters on your plate into something else. Either way I don't think it'll actually work against a speed camera or an intelligent police officer.

Honestly I don't know why anyone things M and N and W are not distinguishable on a license plate. They look nothing alike. The only reason his is so effective is because 0 and O are very hard to tell apart.

And when photographed from a distance, it will be even harder to distinguish.

Partial plate and model lookup won't work everytime. How many different combinations would you be willing to type in on top of having to guess what make, model, and year to send the ticket?

Guest 614Streets
I'm pretty sure that Ohio put stipulations in place on their personal plates that prevent this type of plate from being made.

from oplates.com:

PLEASE NOTE: All personalized or initial license plates are subject to approval. If you are applying for a personalized or initial license plate it may appear to be approved when ordering, however, each plate must be approved by a committee before it is issued. Ohio Revised Code section 4503.10(E) grants the Registrar of the Bureau of Motor Vehicles the authority to revoke license plates that were issued fraudulently or in error.

ZERO (Ø) MUST ALWAYS BE LED OR FOLLOWED BY ANOTHER NUMBER 1-9.

These Plates must contain no less than four letters and no more than seven letters or combination of four letters and numbers. No spaces are allowed for motorcycle plates containing five characters. Personalized plates up to six characters may be ordered for logo plates.

Spacing Guidelines: Personalized plates are produced with uniformly sized spaces.

1, 2, or 3 characters/letters - NO spaces permitted

4 characters/letters - spaces permitted is up to (5)

5 characters/letters - spaces permitted is up to (4)

6 characters/letters - spaces permitted is up to (3)

7 characters/letters - spaces permitted is up to (2)

although it still let me put this in: "MNNMWMW", I don't know if it'd actually get approved by the BMV

OK. SS5S5S5S and a lil bit of touch up paint on the upper left corner of the 5's :)