4 gauge wiring for battery

tristanlee85

I'm moving the battery to the trunk and I need to get some wire. I figure Columbus Car Audio would have what I need, but I go to work and leave for before and after their hours. Best Buy sells a 4awg wiring kit, but it's $110. Is there a store that can sell me this stuff by the foot that might be open until 8pm or so?

Sorry. I didn't see that. I just saw the full kit.

Anyway, by the foot is cheaper.

Thread is done now. Thanks everyone.

your not the only one, when i asked them about that kit for my camaro they said they could only sell me a whole kit with a hold down so i had to give them a part number.

I'd go with bigger than 4 gauge if your gonna run your starter from your trunk. If you ever have to really crank on it you'll melt the 4 gauge pretty fast. 2 would probably be the best price/size to use.

Evan

the answer is yes, You need a kill switch mounted on the outside of your vehicle in plain site. It will be an inspection when at tech. Usually they just say next time make sure you have one. The battery needs to be secured to the car itself in a box and be vented i believe.

Unless your battery is stock mounted in the back you do not need a kil switch.

Kill switches are expensive FYI $80

The price usually depends on how many amps it's rated for.My nhra legal jegs kill switch was only 18.99+ 3.49 for the face plate.Some of the moroso and flaming river ones they sell are 80 dollars and above though.