AMS Evo new record.

Sam1647545489

Because all that R&D and I'm sure they missed that..... :nono: I'm guessing that is the widest 4 DRs that will fit under the car. Maybe they should put One big wide tire over each axel like a car in the Flinstones.

Judging from the videos it looks like there is still room inside the fender for a wider tire, not to mention you can get wider wheels with a better offset to sink some fatter tires as well.. :confused:

It looks like the car is either running straight methonal or alky? Why else wear the mask?

The car is on VP Import. He wears a mask on all of his dyno tunes. I know my friend Tym regrets not wearing a mask these past 10 years of tuning cars;)

Guest GMoney
I could steer my car, with the tires spinning, without much issue.

Maybe its the roids. :confused:

If you are talking about the colt, that is a completly different animal. Try with all four spinning. Yes you can turn the wheel but when the whole car in walking sideways, i really don't care how good of a driver you are, you are not in control.

Do you not see the tires "growing" when he hits the throttle just like A top Fuel Dragster? A wider tire wold mean a Taller tire under load! Pay Attention.

What, you think I didn't already notice that? They probably have a couple 10k into the motor, I'm pretty sure they can figure out a way to make wider tires fit.

What, you think I didn't already notice that? They probably have a couple 10k into the motor, I'm pretty sure they can figure out a way to make wider tires fit.

So after 988hp, you are saying they have not thought to put wider tires on 1100hp car? :confused:

No matter what they do they are always going to run into traction issues with that kind of power. Period. they are damn close to the power shep makes and if I remember correctly hes running a non IRS so i'm sure that helps with traction thats probably what they will have to play with to get good traction. Or I could be completely wrong lol!

Guest v8_What?

from what I have seen on evom they try to limit the contact patch just because of the drive train shock! the drive train on the evos is horible at breaking! Hell big Al(dynoflash) took his 1000+ evo to the track after the build and blew the tranny into pieces! So the more contact patch you have the more likely you are going to be breaking something!

They can fit wider tires under them! Some of the circuit cars have 275's and I have seen pics of one with 315's. but on a drag setup that much you are going to break something on their kind of power level!

Even HKS's GTR that has ran in the 7's they have down crazy stuff with that car! If I remember correctly when I was in japan they said the power distribution is something like 20%front 80%rear because of the drive train!

No matter what they do they are always going to run into traction issues with that kind of power. Period. they are damn close to the power shep makes and if I remember correctly hes running a non IRS so i'm sure that helps with traction thats probably what they will have to play with to get good traction. Or I could be completely wrong lol!

Shep has a ford 9 inch out back

The AMS car cuts consistent low 1.50s all day long, and sure I guess there is room for improvement, but that is pretty damn good I'd say.

The vid where they skate all over the track is just b/c its a shitty prep, probably worse than a decent city street.

from what I have seen on evom they try to limit the contact patch just because of the drive train shock! the drive train on the evos is horible at breaking! Hell big Al(dynoflash) took his 1000+ evo to the track after the build and blew the tranny into pieces! So the more contact patch you have the more likely you are going to be breaking something!

Evo drivetrains... horrible :bs:

Buschur is running a STOCK drivetrain minus rear axles and they have ZERO problems breaking there shit. BR's drag car also out MPH the AMS car.

Last shoot-out they broke a stock rear end after 2 years of beating the hell out of the car at the track.

Al's car blew the front diff in the trans due to WAY to much boost on his 2 step.