FS: 1972 Chevy C10

martindc1

Up for sale is my 72 C10. For those of you not familiar this is the last year of this style and it came with disk brakes up front. It has an 8 foot bed and is 2wd. The engine is a pretty fresh 350 with mild improvements. The transmission is a 4 speed manual and the rearend is 3.73. The cab has no rust, it has had the floor boards, rocker panels and cab corners replaced. The bed could use a little work. The truck runs and drives great, it just needs a bit of detail oriented work and a good home.

Below are links to my Craigslist ads which have pictures, however, if you want pictures of anything in particular or have questions I can still be reached by email at wk223000@yahoo.com.

Price is $2100 although offers are welcome.

It is actually a 4 speed out of a heavier duty Chevy with a 1st gear granny gear. It would be pretty slick with a Muncie or something like that though. Also the engine upgrades are long tube headers, Borla mufflers, MSD ignition, a mild truck cam, electric fan and an Edelbrock dual plane intake and carb. Pics can be seen on my craigslist ad or I can send you some: http://columbus.craigslist.org/car/654858915.html

That's a pretty badass truck for the money. Has the clutch been replaced recently? 4-speed with a granny gear 1st sounds like a Saginaw SM465. Great transmission. Check the sides of the tranny for PTO block-off plates to be sure it's an SM465.

I would be tempted if I didn't already have my '82. G/L w the sale. Bump for a great truck...

The clutch is the same age as the rebuild on the engine, which I would say is around 20,000 miles. The engine as enough grunt that it could handle the final drive being swapped to a 3.08 or so. If one needed more grunt, theres always granny gear.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...