Few pics of Mark's Z06

Turbotrio

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think they are nice cars. but all this talk about the clutch, what about converters. converters are just as bad. to find the perfect one for track then to be good on the street is hard. how long are these trans supposed to hold together . nothing is forever, i assume they are not clutchless.

We had the transmissions professionally built to withstand >1000rhwp. Although we don't expect the trans to last forever, we do think it will last at least 1 season. As for the Converter, we went on the recommendations of the the trans builder. RPM has been building transmissions for cars that run in the 7's for a long time. We will see what they can do for our cars. I would be that the built tranny/stall will last longer than the clutch.

I know that, but both should have just bought C6's for half the price. But I guess money is no option, so like I said, to each their own. ;)

^^ agree!! Why waste a car.... (not that a c6 is nothing, but save $!!

To each his own.. will be a sweet car when finished though..

C6 TT build has been done. The kits are less expensive the car is cheaper anyone can and many have built C6 cars into really nice cars. But, most people can't build the C6Z because they can't afford to. My build has not been done yet, and no magazine really cares about another C6 build. I want a car that people will know and that is interesting to the magazines so I can actually get it in one. I also would love to be able to set a record or two if it is possible. Right now Lingenfelter has the C6Z HP record with 1300 FLYWHEEL Hp. Wouldn't it be awesome to be able to say that you hold or held the HP record? Standing mile on the C6Z is 226MHP. That is yet another goal to go after.

Waste of a car? Well you may think so, but unless your 1970 Camaro SS is completely origional numbers matching with no modifications, many people would say that is a waste. I personally think everyone has their own taste and likes what they like. I thinnk the 1970 Camaro is an awesome car and actually thought about dropping my other LS7 into one, but what a waste of a car that would be right?

You are aware that IPS is doing the Car, and it is Mark's right? You can click on their profile and search "All post by user", or "All threads started by user".

Lazy fucker. I should ban you for a few days for even asking that question since you have been here since 04....

BTW why don't you post on OhioRiders.net anymore?

C6 TT build has been done. The kits are less expensive the car is cheaper anyone can and many have built C6 cars into really nice cars. But, most people can't build the C6Z because they can't afford to. My build has not been done yet, and no magazine really cares about another C6 build. I want a car that people will know and that is interesting to the magazines so I can actually get it in one. I also would love to be able to set a record or two if it is possible. Right now Lingenfelter has the C6Z HP record with 1300 FLYWHEEL Hp. Wouldn't it be awesome to be able to say that you hold or held the HP record? Standing mile on the C6Z is 226MHP. That is yet another goal to go after.

Waste of a car? Well you may think so, but unless your 1970 Camaro SS is completely origional numbers matching with no modifications, many people would say that is a waste. I personally think everyone has their own taste and likes what they like. I thinnk the 1970 Camaro is an awesome car and actually thought about dropping my other LS7 into one, but what a waste of a car that would be right?

Your starting off with a highend expensive car- that has plenty to offer, but i dont see the reason in dumping 30+ or more into a car thats already starting at 70+.. I mean- more props to ya- and if u want to be the baddest around, thats cool as well, just remember- theres always something out there thats faster.. lol.

For my camaro- no its not a numbers match car (motor is a 396/360hp 68chevelle) but on the other hand- i also dont have 75+ into it.. To each his own, your corvette is sick- but i cant see throwing away money that i know i would never get it back out of if i decided to sell it.. (thats where my little 22-25k 70 camaro is nice- only having 12k in it.. lol.

Best of luck to ya though- neat car- and i wouldnt think it would be a waste to drop a ls7 in a 70 camaro- if u had reasonable money to where you can get it at least back.. Im probably different then most- i cant just throw my money at things, and not make money.. But there are those out there that dump the huge amounts of money into cars- and then when they decide to sell them, and loose there butts-- thats when i buy.. Just past 4 months ago- bought a procharged 01 ss camaro m6 with 28k miles.. Owner bought Car when with 19k miles- was 21k then, and all reciets he had- rounded to about 23k.. So in the end- the guy injoyed the car for less the 10k miles- had just shy of 50k (prices i gave u didnt include budnik wheels and wilwood brakes) and i bought it for 21k.. not bad.. lol. Let me know when your tired of the vette.. lol (kidding)