A new weekend Spot?

ODoyle

I have been talking with the manager at Hooters on polaris, I got the greenlight to hold our "meets" on friday and saturday in there overflow lot. There is one entrance and one exit so it should be easy to police the ricer population that seems to ruin all of out fun.

The only thing that the managers said was

1. No beer outside and no burnouts

I could have thought of other things but V8 BEAST just said it better than me

I thought it was about time that this was revisited for the newer members and the complete idiots out there. I've noticed that QS&L is starting to have the same atmoshere that forced IPS to stop being a meeting spot last year...

When we go out on the weekends its to have fun. Sometimes we race sometimes we eat/drink, sometimes we just lean against our cars and act cool.. or atleast try to. ;) The issue as it has always been are those stupid ass ricers showing up and messing it up for everyone. Here are a few things to consider

1. An engine rev or two is ok... but we dont want to hear you revving your damn engine for 3 straight minutes.

2. Its ok to gun it while driving off... just make sure you are on the street and there is not a car in front of you. :mad:

3. Try not to play loud music. Be aware that you may be annoying someone. If you want to display your "booming system" do it quick and move on.

4. Once your car is parked there is no reason to move it to 10 different parking spots to show off your amazing new ricer wing!

5. NEVER LEAN ON ANYONES CAR BUT YOUR OWN!

6. If we get a good meeting spot stop telling all of your ricer friends about it! If you have not noticed, they have a proven track record of fucking it up for everyone!!

7. There is no need to do burnouts unless you are about to run from a dig!

8. There is no need to try to park your car at 100mph.

9. Do not drive fast in an area full of people... you could hit someone. (duh)

10. Dont walk around acting like you are some kind of thug... It's a car meet... idiot!

11. Having a cell phone does not make you cool... 99.9% of the people there have them too. Talking on your phone for 3 hours at a 3 hour meet just shows that you are a DEE DEE DEEE!!!!

12. Get away from the damn bikes!!! If you knock them over you will probably get your ass beat!

13. When you see a friend backing up close to someones ride try telling them there is a car behind them... or better yet "WATCH WHERE THE HELL YOU ARE GOING!!!"

14. When drinking you have to scream "BALLZ" and say giggity giggity at least 10 times. :D (CR Rule Book Chapter 9 Section 7)

15. When meeting someone introduce yourself with your real name as well as your CR name. This way we actually know who you are.

16. And last but not least....Do not litter!!!!! Respect the property that the owners are gracious enough to let us use.

Awesome, the only problem is ricers will eventually learn about the new spot. Even if they stay out of the roped off CR lot, they'll flood the surrounding areas and commence stupidity, thus getting us all kicked. Thanks for putting in the legwork though, I for one will go and check out the scene.

Awesome, the only problem is ricers will eventually learn about the new spot. Even if they stay out of the roped off CR lot, they'll flood the surrounding areas and commence stupidity, thus getting us all kicked. Thanks for putting in the legwork though, I for one will go and check out the scene.

Thats the beauty of hooters there is no surrounding lot we have our own secluded lot much like QSL but the ricers will have no where to park if we dont let them in

im excited.. i went to QSL last week.. but i dident get to meet anyone... its hard to tell who is from CR and who isent..when your just walking around... i think this is a great idea... when you see a blue subi dont kick me out :D

Nice work James. If it's nice out I'll have to stop by Saturday and check it out. Just be sure to start a meetings and events thread on Thursday with what time we are meeting.

I am going to be out of town this weekend helping my wife's sister move :( But im going to try to be there

I would like to try and be there, but where exactly is Hooters at Polaris? Specifically where is it in proximity to QSL, etc.?

You keep going west on polaris until you reach sancus blvd, Left on sancus,Right into hooters after the first light. The CR parking lot is to the right of the building if you are looking at it from sancus

You keep going west on polaris until you reach sancus blvd, Left on sancus,Right into hooters after the first light. The CR parking lot is to the right of the building if you are looking at it from sancus

Righto, I should be there. Might be wise to toss the winter rims and throw the summer setup back on I suppose....

Sounds good.

I know many of you see someone's car and if it's not to your tastes/liking you've immediately labeled them and signed them off. Has it occurred to you that the more people you talk to and bring into the CR family the better it is in the longrun for everyone. Why?

1. You never know who you'll meet, what connections they have or what actual knowledge they possess that can be of benefit to yourself, others and CR. No, you cannot always judge a book by it's cover.

2. If you can get them on here and into the community, they will see how certain behaviour is not looked upon well by members of the community. This will deter many of them from being jackasses.

3. The whole point of a non-private automobile club is to have a gathering of various automobiles and people from various walks of life; something in common to bring people together who may've never had the opportunity to meet each other any other way. Not to be some elitists club.

4. For those that are 'ricing' it up, take a moment of your time to teach them. In the years I've participated in this hobby off and on, I've met many 'ricers'. (And let's be clear, a ricer to me has nothing to do with what they drive. Import or domestic, show, drag, drift or a/c.) There are some you cannot change and there are some that when I talked to them, turned out to good people who only wanted/needed to learn, who stopped being 'ricers' and became contributing members of society, so to speak and to quickly sum it up.

If you're still with me, these are just a few of the reasons to get out there and talk to people, talk to people who aren't just part of your normal click. Quit being buttholes. You know who you are. ;) Remember, you were a noob once, too. :D

If there is a way for someone to screw up a good thing, they'll figure it out. Hell last year at Westbelt some dude pulled a tree out of the ground with his truck. /sigh Friends car happened to break down and we were there when the cops showed up. The cops were real cool, considering. However made it clear that it's reasons like that, which draw so much unwanted attention to everyone.

legitly, am i gonna be tossed to the curb or do i have to stand behind the roped line? id like to follow up meeting with people after the track meet this friday. or is this a non-newb event?

I'm sure anybody that is not going to act like an idiot is welcome.

my uncle's a columbus patrolman/dectective.. i know most cops around. they know my car as well, i can give some lead way. i just like to get away from med books, grab a seat, relax, drink some beers, check out some engines, and tell/listen to some stories.

i even know most campus patrolman on accident, all these damn meter praking tickets that they give me (mainly just that fat bitch that i can't stand)

Sounds good.

I know many of you see someone's car and if it's not to your tastes/liking you've immediately labeled them and signed them off. Has it occurred to you that the more people you talk to and bring into the CR family the better it is in the longrun for everyone. Why?

1. You never know who you'll meet, what connections they have or what actual knowledge they possess that can be of benefit to yourself, others and CR. No, you cannot always judge a book by it's cover.

2. If you can get them on here and into the community, they will see how certain behaviour is not looked upon well by members of the community. This will deter many of them from being jackasses.

3. The whole point of a non-private automobile club is to have a gathering of various automobiles and people from various walks of life; something in common to bring people together who may've never had the opportunity to meet each other any other way. Not to be some elitists club.

4. For those that are 'ricing' it up, take a moment of your time to teach them. In the years I've participated in this hobby off and on, I've met many 'ricers'. (And let's be clear, a ricer to me has nothing to do with what they drive. Import or domestic, show, drag, drift or a/c.) There are some you cannot change and there are some that when I talked to them, turned out to good people who only wanted/needed to learn, who stopped being 'ricers' and became contributing members of society, so to speak and to quickly sum it up.

If you're still with me, these are just a few of the reasons to get out there and talk to people, talk to people who aren't just part of your normal click. Quit being buttholes. You know who you are. ;) Remember, you were a noob once, too. :D

I say...

Dont waste time stereotyping people. Rice is a state of mind

If you see a car that interests you have a nice conversation with the owner

If you want to recruit for CR have fun, but dont expect us all to do it.

What you see here is people tired of having their nights ended early because of other people. If you are asking people to deal with it and spend their weekends taking ricers under their wings its just not going to happen. After being kicked out I see a lot of people trying to seperate CR meets from public meets. If you want regular public meets you can still go to QS&L, but dont be surprized if police tell you to go home at some point. I personally wouldnt have the patience to deal with it. I spent all last year doing that kind of stuff. In the end all it did was make me want to stay at home on the weekends :(