Door hinges pop when moving

I got the truck for practically nothing so I know there are some issues, the door hinges pop when you open and shut them. Is this indicative of an accident or could they just be bad? If it is/was caused by an accident could this be repaired with new hinges? They have done this for a few years that I know of, but its statingto bug me now. Thanks

i wanna say its just the pins and bushing but i cant recall if that year just had the hinges that need replaced. is the door dropping yet? if its just the pins and bushings i think you are looking at $25 for each and you need the upper and lower.

Questions first. Does the door drop when opening it? Does it slide acorss the sticker?

Bushings and pins are very common. BUT if there is a popping noise its usually related to the Check strap on the door. its the little metal (or plastic covered metal bar) that is in between both the upper and lower hinges. Per VIN they run between $50.00 and $60.00 LIST for both the fronts and about $30.00 for the rears.

Questions first. Does the door drop when opening it? Does it slide acorss the sticker?

Bushings and pins are very common. BUT if there is a popping noise its usually related to the Check strap on the door. its the little metal (or plastic covered metal bar) that is in between both the upper and lower hinges. Per VIN they run between $50.00 and $60.00 LIST for both the fronts and about $30.00 for the rears.

I believe this man is correct. If the door isn't sagging, etc it's probably the check strap. Does it always pop in the same place(s)?

if your pins and the check link is lubed and neither fix it do this.

your going to think i'm crazy for this but i have fixed many S/T trucks like this. when GM built the truck the hinges are lined up, after driving for a few years they some how become off line just a touch. open the drivers door all the way, now close it about an inch or two and then push it open really hard (not hard enough to make it touch the front fender though) and if you here a few pops than close the door and see if it still makes the noise.