383 drop in.

Guest mrhobbz

Guest mrhobbz
I've found a damn good deal on a 383 stroker crate with 14k miles on it since installation. What I need to know is will I be able to stuff it in the camaro with minimal modification. I do not want to have to touch the frame at all. The motor and tranny are going to cost me less than doing an LSx swap which is the main reason I'm even thinking about it. Anyone have any ideas?

Guest mrhobbz
I told you it'd be cheaper to LSx swap it on AIM.... GOOGLE.COM is your friend.

Hey! I posted this before hand :) I didn't really come up with much on googlez. I did however find this, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Electric-Supercharger-All-Makes-All-Models-HP-Turbo_W0QQitemZ330233844731QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item330233844731&

I think that is the best route right? :rolleyes:

How would it be cheaper? Since when is an LSx so cheap? How much does, let's say a used stock LS1, typically go for?

In case you guys have forgotten, it really doesn't cost much at all to build a 400+ hp SBC 350 (or in this case a 383). Maybe I am missing something...

How would it be cheaper? Since when is an LSx so cheap? How much does, let's say a used stock LS1, typically go for?

In case you guys have forgotten, it really doesn't cost much at all to build a 400+ hp SBC 350 (or in this case a 383). Maybe I am missing something...

He's talking about putting it into his 4th gen body styled camaro. Which would involve more fab work then it would be worth.

also the transmission will not bolt up to a SBC, motor mounts won't fit, hose size from a small block is bigger than the radiator than the camaro's. fuel system would have to be changed, exhaust system will need to be fabed. i would really really LOVE to see you get a distributor in that car.

I've found a damn good deal on a 383 stroker crate with 14k miles on it since installation. What I need to know is will I be able to stuff it in the camaro with minimal modification. I do not want to have to touch the frame at all. The motor and tranny are going to cost me less than doing an LSx swap which is the main reason I'm even thinking about it. Anyone have any ideas?

how much for the 383 if you dont want it

i would really really LOVE to see you get a distributor in that car.

Good point.

I think either BMR or Spohn make k-members for swapping older small blocks, and I would look into the transmissions, because I know guys are putting old turbo 350s behind LSXs, so wouldn't it go the other way?

i would really really LOVE to see you get a distributor in that car.

It's not as hard as it looks. Been done many times. Just have to notch out the wiper cowling a bit in the center. BMR makes a K-member for SBC/BBC applications for the 4th gen as well. I had one that went with the parts car. Most just install a motor plate and cut off the mounts to free up space for headers.