People who call off when they aren't sick!!

Twistedrx7

I just get done working at 11pm last night. I stay up a little bit and than head to bed. I have someone coming by to take a look at my apartment the next day to let me know what if anything they can do about it.

So i get a call at 8am saying that someone on first shift called off and I need to come in at 11am. So i call and cancel my plans for the apartment until wednesday, which frustrates me because ive been waiting since Friday to get this stuff taken care of.

I get to work and find out that he really isnt sick...and just called off for today..

Now im here from 11am till 11pm.

So in closing, DO NOT CALL OFF if you arent really sick. It pisses people off.

/Rant

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes we all have a day or two during the week, so that if someone calls off that shift is still covered.

The person from 3rd shift had to work his shift; 2300-700 along with 700-1100. We split the 8 hours between two people.

we have 3 spots we rotate around at during the day. Our Truck gate, Access Gate, and our Control Center.

They only have 3 people on that shift, so if one person is gone that spot needs to be maned.

If they had 4 people i dont think anyone would of been called in.

Why do you have to come in, if someone calls off? If I am off...the whole floor could call off...I am not required to come back until my next scheduled time.

Plus amillion.

Actually I'm off right now. :)

I can't stand this either. I work with a bunch of people that feel because they "have" the time they need to use it regardless. Back when our PTO Policy changed I lost 28 days of sick time to the policy change because I never used it. Still havn't used any this year and will probably lose all of it at years end as well.

Calling off = the gayest of the gay.

I can't stand this either. I work with a bunch of people that feel because they "have" the time they need to use it regardless. Back when our PTO Policy changed I lost 28 days of sick time to the policy change because I never used it. Still havn't used any this year and will probably lose all of it at years end as well.

Calling off = the gayest of the gay.

I must be pretty gay by your logic. I don't like working with the "Irish Flu" if you know what I mean :(

Oh happy cinco de mayo. I will probably catch the flu tomorrow morning ;)

I must be pretty gay by your logic. I don't like working with the "Irish Flu" if you know what I mean :(

Oh happy cinco de mayo. I will probably catch the flu tomorrow morning ;)

Calling off becuase of alcohol consumption = gayer than ever super gay :mad:

Calling off becuase of alcohol consumption = gayer than ever super gay :mad:

I like to think of it as I am calling off "because I am over the legal limit to drive" :(

But I rarely do this.

i dont call off because doing collections, if im not there getting money, i dont make bonus. but my new job gives us 152 hours of PTO a year off the bat, and will only pay out 40 at the end of the year...that means i gotta burn up 14 days throughout the year. ive got a week long vacation at the end of july, and took off today and tomorrow because i was supposed to be in PA...7 more days to go.

Hold on while I check my "give a fuck" meter... no it didn't move at all. Sorry about your luck !

You typed a response, therefore, it had to warrant some sort of response. It had to at least trip the meter a little.

I mean, I'm just using logic here.

:D

Bhwuahhahahahahahaaha

• Confused 1

You typed a response, therefore, it had to warrant some sort of response. It had to at least trip the metere a little.

I mean, I'm just using logic here.

:D

Bhwuahhahahahahahaaha

You spelled meter wrong. :(