BMW M Roadster off of 33

The Civic

Hey all,

I was just wondering if anyone will be driving out on RT 33 East of Columbus. I just drove through there yesterday coming home from a vacation and saw a Blue 2000 BMW M Roadster for sale on the side of the road between Lancaster and Nelsonville. Maybe around the Logan area? I wrote down all of the info on the car except for the phone number :( and would like to get more info on it. If you're from around there or will be driving through any help would be appreciated. I will pay handsomely in pizza and beer (21+ of course).

Thanks,

Ken

Overpriced and slow, especially that year. I'm guessing they wanted over $25k for it right?

Yes usually they're overpriced but the sign on this one was asking for $15k and it's only got 39k miles. Not too bad considering that Miata's from the same year are almost that and the BMX has got a bit more power. Speed wise even this year isn't too bad. It'll outrun my Charger R/T :cool:

Ken

The car is just a couple miles north of Nelsonville which puts it about 25-30 miles south of Lancaster. I actually couldn't resist and went back out there last night.

The catch is that it's got a salvage title. I drove it and she runs great. No pull and everything seems to be working fine. The only things wrong with it are that there is an aftermarket steering wheel, the back plastic window needs to be replaced and the traction control doesn't work. :) The guy has got the stock steering wheel but the airbag is blown out of it. Appearance wise there are a couple of panels that don't line up absolutely perfect but it's really hard to tell and one of the rims has chipping clearcoat.

Ken

I'm a fan of the M roadsters, but would be cautious about picking up someone else's wrecked vehicle

I completely agree. At least get a Carfax and all paperwork concerning the accident. Any he has, bodywork, etc - maybe his insurance will have some info, too. I dunno. Something to keep in mind. Maybe have a trusted mechanic look it over.