03 Azzure Blue Mach 1 CHEAP!!!!

coryscobra

Cory I would just put the car away for a bit and let it sit. Then once you feel the need to fix it then bring it back out and fix it. Honestly if you are not planning on getting another car to replace it right away, you will miss it, ask me how I know. Anyways I do not know to much about fords motors but I will offer my help if you need any, I also have a trailor that I can trailor it for you locally if you need. I wouldnt sell it just yet.

Thanks Sam I appreciate it man.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At 3500 it made 420/580!!!!!!!!! It was on its way to make a lot of power for a stock bottom end.

sorry i had to... see sig. Corey put it back together we'll all pitch in and help.

I know you are not sure what you are going to do Corey. I just wanted to remind you that my shop will be open to you should you decide to put another motor in the car. I spoke to my connection in Wisconsin and he said he would he give me a hell of a good deal on a Vortech kit. He did say that regardless of which power adder to put a good set of rods in it. He is building a mach motor for a customer as we speak who got greedy with to small of a blower pulley.

Let me know how I can help. :)

I agree with sam,everyday i miss my Z and until i replace it im going to keep missing it.Im sure if you sit on it awhile the funds will come around and you will be happy you kept it

I know you are not sure what you are going to do Corey. I just wanted to remind you that my shop will be open to you should you decide to put another motor in the car. I spoke to my connection in Wisconsin and he said he would he give me a hell of a good deal on a Vortech kit. He did say that regardless of which power adder to put a good set of rods in it. He is building a mach motor for a customer as we speak who got greedy with to small of a blower pulley.

Let me know how I can help. :)

Yeah, Thanks Brian. Preston told me about the deal with the Vortech, that is damn tempting!! Sorry I didnt answer today when you called...I was sleeping as you know I did not sleep at all last night before.

Im the guy who's very interested in this car, but I know how guys can change their mind overnight.

With that in mind, I will wait this out a week to see if you are still serious.

In the meantime, I have many things that can help you.

I have a Forged shortblock (never run) waiting to go in someone's car.

9.75:1 Diamond Pistons, Cobra rods and crank.

Aluminum block

Just add Heads and an oil pump and youre ready to go.

$3000, no waiting, thats a steal!

Just ask Killjoy how reliable this engine will be, he is familiar with the builder of it.

Im the guy who's very interested in this car, but I know how guys can change their mind overnight.

With that in mind, I will wait this out a week to see if you are still serious.

In the meantime, I have many things that can help you.

I have a Forged shortblock (never run) waiting to go in someone's car.

9.75:1 Diamond Pistons, Cobra rods and crank.

Aluminum block

Just add Heads and an oil pump and youre ready to go.

$3000, no waiting, thats a steal!

Just ask Killjoy how reliable this engine will be, he is familiar with the builder of it.

Wow!!! Yeah man just give me a few days to think this over.

03 cobra......

I would rather have my car than a 03 Cobra. My whole thing is if I get another car I just want to be able to go fill up on pump gas and have fun with it which probably would be an 03 Cobra. If I kept my car I would set it up that way. With Nitrous it was a pain in the but when someone called to race, I had to check or change the plugs, go get race gas, and fill the bottles. It really kinda got annoying...even though Nitrous is amazing.

Guest Hal
I would rather have my car than a 03 Cobra. My whole thing is if I get another car I just want to be able to go fill up on pump gas and have fun with it which probably would be an 03 Cobra. If I kept my car I would set it up that way. With Nitrous it was a pain in the but when someone called to race, I had to check or change the plugs, go get race gas, and fill the bottles. It really kinda got annoying...even though Nitrous is amazing.

Nitrous can be done easily on a Cobra motor. I never changed plugs, and only got race gas because I didn't do dedicated fuel.

Nitrous can be done easily on a Cobra motor. I never changed plugs, and only got race gas because I didn't do dedicated fuel.

If I got a shortblock and put rods and pistons in it and did 10:1 or 11:1 compression how big of a shot could I do on Pump gas?

Guest Hal
If I got a shortblock and put rods and pistons in it and did 10:1 or 11:1 compression how big of a shot could I do on Pump gas?

Depends on what type of build you do. I wouldn't go quite as high on compression unless you want to do more motor runs. I ran a 150 on my 8.5:1 on pump gas. I'd say if you went with a dedicated fuel setup, you could run that on a 10:1.

Cory I would just put the car away for a bit and let it sit. Then once you feel the need to fix it then bring it back out and fix it.

+100

It sounds like all you need is a short block...or just a new block with rotating assembly (crank, rods, pistons, bearings and rings) if the heads are OK. That car is tight with a good amount of aftermarket stuff on it ($$$). Get another car and you're going to end up throwing money into it...why not just build from the accident to a car you own and know???

It's a great car. You sell it for a loss, then buy something else? You'll have more money and time invested in getting something else rather than fixing what you already have.

I am definately thinking this though and through. I know if I sold it I could pay off some bills but I know I would jump right back into a big payment cuz I wouldnt last long without a car. With that being said I know I would be dealing with the same shit.....but my whole thing on my car is its running out of shit to break....cuz everything else is done.

Exactly, and add to that making sure you have the proper bottle pressure, and traction on the street is worthless due to the enormous torque load this is why I went with a small blower this time around- my LT1 f-body had the juice and I hated it after a while-

I say sell off your aftermarket mods to offset the cost of the shortblock- take it back to stock and start saving for an 03 cobra intake and blower-