Rent-a-Vette

GSXRAntwon

It worked well for Ford, should work well for chevrolet... but for the same reason I would never want a hertz edition GT500, I wont want a Hertz corvette, they will get the ever living snot beat out of them, and lame transmissions. I remember when the GT500H came out, I would see them at autoX's getting beat up by people who shouldnt be behind the wheel..

Guest GMoney
I almost rented a red convert from Budget last week when i was in AZ. It was $189.00 a day plus taxes. I couldn't get my tool box and bags in it or i would have had a nice rental for work.

I'm going to bet they have a datalogging feature to show if anything has been touched, like special 'seals' I heard of on the Mustang.

+1000

we almost rented one when we went house-hunting in tampa a month ago, but we decided to bring our girls, and rented an H3 (which is perhaps, one of the more pathetic excuses for an SUV by the way).

they had a few in their garage, totally waxxed out, and clean looking---verts. both i saw were autos. the shelby mustang GTH rental ones were flogged by MM&FF at the dragstrip a while back when they first came out--you cannot shut the traction control off on those cars, and there's all kinds of 'tamper-proof' shit in the engine bay, that will tell them if you did anything other than pop the hood and stare. i think its a great idea, actually. people won't beat on them any more than you would a regular rental.

• 3 months later...

I know this is an old post. But I have seen 2 people call the Hertz mustang a gt500. It is not a gt500. That car (hertz) is a mustang gt with cai, mufflers, tune, and maybe gears too. appearance items too. anyways it is a 4.6 single overhead cam 3 valve making 325hp. The GT500 on the other hand is a 5.4 dual OHC Supercharged making 500hp & 480tq

hertz were 2006 (hard top only)and only 500 made (think they made some in 2008 for the general public to buy)

gt500 started making them in 2007

isnt the hertz and the other ones just called the Shelby GT? Just is a GT that has some body work and basic performance mods done to it?

a guy that I work with has one.

Yeah. shelby gt, shelby gt-h are pretty much the same 325hp. I have see people with gt 350 side stripes. There is not one made like that from ford. I had about 4-5 people ask me about it before i actually seen one. It is some kind of homade shit...lol

Yeah. shelby gt, shelby gt-h are pretty much the same 325hp. I have see people with gt 350 side stripes. There is not one made like that from ford. I had about 4-5 people ask me about it before i actually seen one. It is some kind of homade shit...lol

mustang ricers?

honestly it seems that every mustang I see has a different label on it.