Bought a 98' GTP

Tshensley

I would not set goals past high 13's or else you will be very sad when you make 400+whp and still run 13's

Traction is a bitch.

Other then that GREAT CAR, I loved my L67 as a Daily as a toy it pissed me off.

But I would not keep it stock

U-bend Delete

3.4 Pulley

ECU

CAI

T-stat 160

That will give you a solid low 14 sec car thats a blast to drive. It will also make a sexy whine when you mash the throttle.

You will enjoy it. They are really nice cars as far as daily drivers go. I love mine.

If you start modding, make sure you have some money set aside for when the stock tranny decides to crap out on you

As stated, get yourself some type of cold air intake, reprog the PCM, T stat, exhaust and pulley. Real reliabe driver and their are fun, I took mine to low 13s pretty easy but ticks on the clock got pretty tough after that. I love my GTP, been a great car, runs great, nice supercharger whine and exhaust note. Lots of looks from people who dont really know bout em, good luck, oh and on tranny number 3.

Congrats! I love my 99 GTP and just sold it last month. Had a 97 and 99 in the early years. My 99 was mildly modded for a while and pulled right up there with my GXP. Get a cam....that was when she really woke up for me :D Lots of good advice quoted above. My favorite mods were adding an intercooler, cam and headers. For me that's when she really became a fun car on the street.

Tranny wise, she was solid up until the day I sold her. She wasn't beat on at the track but was driven daily by me and then my father for an additional 35k.

I am going to go through the brakes and some of the suspension, then maybe a tuneup and see how it feels out. I just got it back from getting the recall work done it for the 97-03 gtp's. Its nice driving it as a DD compared to my old mirage with literally no options compared to this with quite a few to satisfy