Speed Racer

Science Abuse

absolutely brother....that's the goal.....no one else is going to do it for us that's for sure. I call that tough love but if it creates good human beings, so be it.

I can preserve her innocence as long as I can, isn't that the job of a father?

I can preserve her innocence as long as I can, isn't that the job of a father?

True, but wouldn't your time be better spent teaching her to do that herself? Rather than sheltering, expose your kids to these things and coach them on how to interpret and react. You can't watch her all the time, but she can watch herself.

it's not sheltering them. IMO, kids under age 8 don't have the capcity to interpret and react to things like violence and cussing wrapped around a movie with fantasy car racing crazy shit like that. just sit in a classroom of 5-7yr olds like I do when on field trips with my son and you'll hear some crazy shit about what they think of things. it will blow your mind.

True, but wouldn't your time be better spent teaching her to do that herself? Rather than sheltering, expose your kids to these things and coach them on how to interpret and react. You can't watch her all the time, but she can watch herself.

i just sit in a classroom of 5-7yr olds like I do when on field trips with my son and you'll hear some crazy shit about what they think of things. it will blow your mind.
I know, our little one is almost 3 and some of the things he says do blow our minds. It's all pretty crazy, but you do get a feel of how their little minds work which is awesome. I look forward to more of it as he grows up.

Ben, you've been haxed!

Reminds me: Remember back int he good ol days when zookeepers could discipline their primates without anyone making an obscene comment? Thar's another word that has become profane.

Remember back when a young inventor could patent a means of projecting yogurt across a room without being laughed at? He could even paint the nozzle purple if he so desired.

• 4 months later...

back from the dead

never went to see this in the theaters, rented it today

this movie was kick ass, and my kid was entranced and laughing his little butt off, more than any movie in a LONG time

and it looks INCREDIBLE in HD on my t.v. and cranked up in surround

good time