Selling my 04 Gt

Mattsn2o281

And I need to figure out a price. Basic info:

04 Mustang Gt

61,000 miles

4.6 2v, 5 spd, 3.27 rear

Mods- BBK CAi, 75mm tb, intake plenum, TR-6 plugs, 2 1/2 custom exhaust from the stock manifolds into x pipe into 40 series flows dumped before the axle, Pro 5.0 shifter and MSD programable shift light. cams were degreed and retarded 2*. All fluids are redline.

Sct chip, tuned by dynotune motorsports, last time on round II's dyno car made 270 rwhp and 315 rwtq, which is absolutely insane for a basic bolt-on 2v.

Body is in great shape, few lil dings but nothing major. interior is in great shape, just switched out the leather for light weight GTS interior, in excellent shape as well. overall i'd say the car is a strong 8 1/2 to 9 out of 10.

Nada said 15,xxx, i'm thinking of listing for $16,500+, depending on if i install the n2o setup that a buddy has.

give me some ideas on how high you think i can go, price wise. i know 04 Mach's are dipping below $20k, and cobra's can be found for just over $20k. Would $17-$18k be pushing it to far?

I dont think anyone will be able to find one that runs as strong with so much room left to grow around, thats why i'm aiming higher then nada's value.

Hey man good luck with the sale, But you asking price is a little high IMO (Im not trying to get on you), but you really dont get more for mods. I mean you dont have anything to crazy done to it. I would try to sell it for what you listed, but if someone offers you NADA or a little less I would take it. How much do you owe on the car?

sorry, but since this is not in the "for sale" section, and open to comment, your price is way, way too high. some higher mileage '03 cobras have dipped below $20k, and as stated, you can get mach's all day long for $18k. 61k miles is also a lot for a rwd sports car in ohio.

good luck, though--but i bet you may end up upside-down in this one

Like a mocking bird, 13-15k.

1. Most people won't appreciate the "lightweight" GTS interior instead of the nice leather interiors GTs came with.

2. Mods do not and will never add value to Mustangs unless it is ALL the way. Such as a completely built up FI motor. But, then again, you will never see the money spent in the selling price. I am sure you can find me a link where one sold, an ebay ad, etc, but from what I have seen they do not.

3. Most people would rather buy a bone stock GT and easily do those mods you have listed knowing the car was, in their minds, never beat on. That is one of the first things that come to mind on any type of modded, heavy or not, sports car like a Mustang.

You can charge 17-18k if you want but you had better be willing to sit on the car for awhile. Our gas guzzlers are only depreciating.

I figured 14-15 would be about it, but thats why i started this. And spankis, for 30, come get it lol.

Seriously though, i can't believe how much the bottom dropped, this time last year. 17-18 was the regular price for a 04. i guess i set it at 16 obo and go from there. i'll post pics up when i get it back together. thanks guys

3. Most people would rather buy a bone stock GT and easily do those mods you have listed knowing the car was, in their minds, never beat on. That is one of the first things that come to mind on any type of modded, heavy or not, sports car like a Mustang.

HAHA find me a mustang that "hasn't been driven hard" and I will find you a liar. Almost as good as the hundreds of guys that have a nitrous tank installed but its "never been hooked up". If they are that naive they deserve to have their asses handed to them by that "bone stock" 5.0 they raced "for pinks".

HAHA find me a mustang that "hasn't been driven hard" and I will find you a liar. Almost as good as the hundreds of guys that have a nitrous tank installed but its "never been hooked up". If they are that naive they deserve to have their asses handed to them by that "bone stock" 5.0 they raced "for pinks".

I didn't say they haven't. I am saying that is the average mindset of any buyer looking at a car. If you found me a bone stock 94 GT with the air silencer still in tact I can almost guarantee it is not beat on like one with gears, intakes, big ass tires, gauges, etc. This is the mindset of many others as well.

you will never sell a modded car for more then what its worth unless you find a real dumb fuck.

Hi, I'm a dumb fuck.

Since I bought a built 383-powered Formula with a 9" Currie rear, alum. driveshaft, 4-corner upgraded suspension, Griffin radiator, etc for more than a stock Formula would have sold for. $500 more.

Since I bought a lifted 2500 Crew Cab with tons of billet, custom paint, $3000 wheels, exhaust, cowl hood, etc for more than a stock truck. $1000 more.

I am more than happy to pay someone extra for their mods. $20,000 worth of mods for $7500 to $10,000 is a deal every day of the week.

Hi, I'm a dumb fuck.

Since I bought a built 383-powered Formula with a 9" Currie rear, alum. driveshaft, 4-corner upgraded suspension, Griffin radiator, etc for more than a stock Formula would have sold for. $500 more.

Since I bought a lifted 2500 Crew Cab with tons of billet, custom paint, $3000 wheels, exhaust, cowl hood, etc for more than a stock truck. $1000 more.

I am more than happy to pay someone extra for their mods. $20,000 worth of mods for $7500 to $10,000 is a deal every day of the week.

I think he meant for what the mods are worth and that just proved his point. At least that is the way I read it. :cool:

I have had n2o on my car since dec. still haven't sprayed it, not even to test. it does happen.

I have had n2o on my car since dec. still haven't sprayed it, not even to test. it does happen.

But, the fact is, if you sold your car with nitrous there is no one who would actually believe you when you say this.

I guess there is no shortage of dumb fucks then, I've managed to sell quite a few cars with minor mods for 2-3k over what they are worth. but given the economic situation, i seriously doubt it happens this time. like i said, i'll list it for 15 and see what happens. if someone wants to pay cool, if not, oh well.