CSX gets 400 mpg on their trains fully loaded?

Guest GMoney

Guest GMoney
Please explain there has to be a catch... this is for Brian maybe? I just saw a commercial, i know commercials aren't aways exactly truthful but come on.

in case you did not know...... trains run are electric. they only use fuel to produse the electreicy that they use. they have a diesel engine that converts "fuel" or diesel as you may know it into electricity. electric motors have torque off the starting line. unlike gas or diesels that need rpms to make that torque. so electricity wins. hands down. yes csx is right on their useage calims.

I would not be suprised if Train Freight had a slight (or even decent) bump in business lately.

On the same hand, that would lower Semi Freight.

I had the thought a week or so ago about traveling by train. It would take about the same time to get where ever you were going verses driving, you just would not pay gas, only your train ticket.

KillJoy

I would not be suprised if Train Freight had a slight (or even decent) bump in business lately.

On the same hand, that would lower Semi Freight.

I had the thought a week or so ago about traveling by train. It would take about the same time to get where ever you were going verses driving, you just would not pay gas, only your train ticket.

KillJoy

I loved it, but my only complaint is you have to be in Fostoria around 5am to take a trip west, not too much later to go east. I wish we still had a station, I would be all over the US by train.

But is that a long or short ton? Either way, a comparable truck would have to get around 20mpg to compete with that. And yes, rail usage is way up given that it's so much more expensive to ship by truck now. Just take a look around the 70/270 west freight yards, between the rail yard and the truck yards you see a LOT more trucks just sitting around, and a lot more trains coming and going.