interesting read

Guest Removed

Read a different article on the same thing.

Optimism = For me, looks like another hobby to fill in the spaces between the rare, special occasion times I drive.

Negative = I'd rarely get to enjoy a drive which is something I do frequently.

Positive = I'd have plenty of time to work on the car.

Conspiracy = It's just another way to seperate the upper class from the rest of us. Seems like just another way of doing what they did in North Korea. Bicycles are banned as part of a political regime to restrict movement and interaction.

It won't happen until there's a viable alternative to petroleum fuels. Otherwise the cost of goods will go through the roof which will pretty much kill the economy outright. Even the numbnuts in the government with their pockets lined with the oil companies' cash will have to see how devastating $12 gas would be. You'd pretty much see $5-$10 being added to every product in the grocery store. We're already seeing prices go up because of just a $1 raise in prices, imagine if the price triples!

Even Bush, from his Fischer Price Romper filled with Oil money, would be able to see how devastating this would be for us.

Yep wait until a value meal at Mickey Ds is $15 and the gas it cost you to get there was $15. Pretty much going to be like the Movie Costner was in about the US mail carriers in the future. Horses will prevail again. I just want to be able to carry a six shooter on my belt.

I don't belive that would happen. As oil prices increase, other forms of energy become much more cost effective. Batteries, solar panels, and fuel cells which may seem expensive now will start to look like a bargin, especially as additional research dollars begin to pour into those fields. Electric and/or hydrogen power will simply replace oil as these alternatives become available.

Maybe im off here... but doesnt Canada have a shit ton of oil in the 'oil sands?' Im pretty sure its much cheaper to manufacture that crude now than it is the oil in the middle east. Why are we still looking at the middle east and OPEC?

I thought oil sands and shale were a bitch to harvest and cost a lot more than $3 a gallon to get to (today)

Newer technology prevails. I read a shit ton about this about a year ago. We actually sit on one of the largest shale deposits in the world, if I remember correctly. (The US)

Maybe im off here... but doesnt Canada have a shit ton of oil in the 'oil sands?' Im pretty sure its much cheaper to manufacture that crude now than it is the oil in the middle east. Why are we still looking at the middle east and OPEC?

Well, started trying to answer this question, but it was too long winded. Someone type a synopsis. :)