Buy a car, get a free gun

cptn janks

Have you priced an assault weapon?

Yes. :p

New AR-15s (M4gerys) can be had for ~$6-700. $350 will get you 1,000rd. to feed it. Used are even cheaper.

If you decide you want a full-auto variant, you'll have to fork over ~$15,000 for a pre-86 model. However, full-auto gives you little-to-no advantage over its semi-auto brother.

$500 for a an 'assault weapon' isn't really that unfeasible for most folks.

p.s. a $50 .22lr rifle can kill a person (with correct shot placement) just the same as a more expensive 'assault rifle'.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

p.s. a $50 .22lr rifle can kill a person (with correct shot placement) just the same as a more expensive 'assault rifle'.

lol, at range a .22 would be lucky to make it through a leather coat, never mind a flack jacket. ;)

Want to see what happens when an indigenous population with inferior weapons takes on a modern military? Look at Afghanistan, 1979-1985'ish. Before we got involved. Didn't go so well.

Yes. :p

New AR-15s (M4gerys) can be had for ~$6-700. $350 will get you 1,000rd. to feed it. Used are even cheaper.

If you decide you want a full-auto variant, you'll have to fork over ~$15,000 for a pre-86 model. However, full-auto gives you little-to-no advantage over its semi-auto brother.

$500 for a an 'assault weapon' isn't really that unfeasible for most folks.

Are the Class 3 costs/taxes included in that 15k?

:nod:

lol, at range a .22 would be lucky to make it through a leather coat, never mind a flack jacket. ;)

Want to see what happens when an indigenous population with inferior weapons takes on a modern military? Look at Afghanistan, 1979-1985'ish. Before we got involved. Didn't go so well.

They don't wear armor on their face. :p

When did flack jackets start covering your face? Namely the notecard sized area around the eyes, where a bullet has a very easy path of entry and will disable your motor reflexes, sending you to the ground without even a chance to signal your mates you're taking enemy fire.

There are some high velocity 22LR rounds that are near supersonic at 100 yards with slight drop. It would be plausible to hit a 2"x3" target area with a 1.5-2MOA rifle.

If you were really interested in miltia type activities you most likely would be reloading yourself, so you could have a bit of barrel splitting fun with various amounts of powder.

When did flack jackets start covering your face? Namely the notecard sized area around the eyes, where a bullet has a very easy path of entry and will disable your motor reflexes, sending you to the ground without even a chance to signal your mates you're taking enemy fire.

You put entirely too much faith in the militias. :p Not everyone is Major Konig.

Secondly, if were just talking about .22 ga varmint hunting rifles, you could protect your face with $30 worth of 1/4" MR10 lexan. ;)

You put entirely too much faith in the militias. :p Not everyone is Major Konig.

Secondly, if were just talking about .22 ga varmint hunting rifles, you could protect your face with $30 worth of 1/4" MR10 lexan. ;)

thats a bold statement theres plenty of nasty .22 out there that would go through the lexan and then right through your head I'd feel bad if you died but go ahead and buy the plastic and I'll put one in your head for ya :)

Guest 78novaman
.22 they can be nasty but I'll just mosey on down to the local gunshow and pick up a winchester 70 .30cal....maybe a M1..or M14...ar15...even a good flack jacket has difficulty with those. Add a scope to the model 70 .308 and it's all over.

I'd trade guns for free speach and fair trial in a second.

The free speech has always been there, the fair trial thing is bullshit. Our judicial system is a fucking fake. Plain and simple, we give too much authority to one man to "interpret" how he/she feels fit. I'll take my 2nd over anything in a heart beat. I'd rather protect myself/family than have the right to bash our President.

Have you? It doesn't stop at the 2nd amendment. You focus on protecting your guns while your other rights are being sucked out from under you.

I'd trade guns for free speach and fair trial in a second.

You focused on two things with your post. What Obama said about GUNS and RELIGION. So, of the two you chose to make a point about, I focused on the one of the TWO that matters to me.

Me reading the Constitution has nothing to do with what you are willing to give up.

Talking about forcible overthrow? Been reading some Lenin, have we?

You're focusing on the wrong aspect of what's being said. No ones yelling Coup, no ones yelling Overthrow the government, no ones yelling Anarchy. What's being said is the actions of the Government NOW are what caused our Father's to REVOLT from British rule.

Funny how you equate that to Lenin.

Let me know when you read up on that Constitution thingy, you're next assignment will be to learn the United States own fucking history, what we stand for, and why our Rights are what they are.

Then maybe you'll learn to stop being a Sheep. I won't hold my breath though. History shows emotional illogical thinkers such as yourself can't fathom any other thoughts.

Vote for your next Rights snatcher for pres, I'm sure you'll be happy in a Police State.

Take your gun collection against the US military and tell me how powerful the second amendment makes you. ;)

Let's play scenario for a second.

All the gun owners in America form a *gasp* 'organized malitia' against your great and powerful US military.

Who do you think will outnumber? Both in guns/ammo, and man power? I think you'd be surprised.

Don't think that can't happen? Perhaps you'll remember the Revolution. (That's part of your next assignment to relearn America's history)

Have you priced an assault weapon?

Have you?

Would you like that price broke down into buying a fully built off the shelf AR? Or how bout an upper and lower peiced together seperately? How about entirely building your gun peice by piece by yourself? You'd be surprised to find out the price gets cheaper the more 'input' you put into the gun and keep the third party sellers out of it.

Don't cling to that 'assault weapon' term to hard. You do understand the gun itself can't actually assault anyone? Just another anti, liberal, gun grabber term to massage the sheep into thinking guns are dangerous.

Also, do you know yourself what qualified a gun to be an 'assault weapon' under the Klintun AWB? You'd laugh at the asinine shit that qualified a simple gun as an assault weapon, and another gun as normal. You'd care if you cared for your rights.

Because you've been shot with a .22 while wearing a leather jacket... correct?

Are you equating members of our nation as indigenous people compared to our Military?

I laugh at how the Media has morphed your mind into what it has become.

Have you?

Would you like that price broke down into buying a fully built off the shelf AR? Or how bout an upper and lower peiced together seperately? How about entirely building your gun peice by piece by yourself? You'd be surprised to find out the price gets cheaper the more 'input' you put into the gun and keep the third party sellers out of it.

Don't cling to that 'assault weapon' term to hard. You do understand the gun itself can't actually assault anyone? Just another anti, liberal, gun grabber term to massage the sheep into thinking guns are dangerous.

Also, do you know yourself what qualified a gun to be an 'assault weapon' under the Klintun AWB? You'd laugh at the asinine shit that qualified a simple gun as an assault weapon, and another gun as normal. You'd care if you cared for your rights.

I already broke it down for him. :D

You are putting way to much faith in our Government and Military. First, for assuming the Government will not stomp your ass out the first chance they can get, for what ever reason.

Second, for assuming militia's aren't worthy.