How messed up can a customer service dept be?

TTQ B4U

Brief: OT NON-Car shit, but something that PISSED ME OFF!!

Wife got a 21pc Magic Bullet Blender for her birthday from her sister. It was one of two her sister bought at Christmas with the intent of giving the second one as a gift this year.

We are out of the exchange/warranty period is catch one. Understandable. However, upon opening the unit the 120pg manual and recipe guide is missing. :( No big deal, I emailed customer service and figured, I'd get a good response back and a manual no problem. Wrong....zero response. :mad::confused: So I called today.

I briefly explained things and their response was if it was within 30 days no problem, zero charge. However, it's now $19 + shipping. Fuck that :mad: , I want what I was supposed to have originally.....so...

Upon explaining it 3x over, and they basically tell me, if I had a receipt as proof of purchase, we'll only charge you $9.95 + s&h. Fuck that too.... :finger:

Basically they are asking me to go up the street...buy a new one, keep it in my car and just fax them a copy of the receipt and get a free booklet....then return that new one with said receipt and move on....so what's the difference between that and them just sending me one now without issue? :rolleyes: Why would I waste my gas, time and the stores resources, cc. processing, etc...all that shit? DUMB!!! Just take care of my need, satisfy a customer/service a customer and move on with it.

The difference is they are FUCKING DUMB!! I explained it to 2 different people and none of them understood what I was driving at and were not at all interested in helping me. :asshole: They were US based too.....

So instead, I told them, I could just go up the street, buy one, pull the book out of the box and return it minus the manual and let someone else deal with it....not ethical or right, but fuck it would be better than dealing with a company of idiots who BTW didn't even respond to a customer assistance inquiry via online like they tout! Fuck them! :finger: :finger:

Had to rant....I fucking hate dumb people!!! :thumbdown

/rant

Nice one ^ I was wondering the same thing:-)

I have to deal with customer service hotlines quite often and I can tell you it doesn't get any better even when your dealing with "Dealer support." You'd think that a factory trained service tech could call a number called "Dealer support" and get help with an issue that he can't resolve. Yeah right, the people on the phone are completely incompetent to help with issues and I can't understand why we are expected by the manufacture to use them for help.

I don't call them any more unless its required by a regional rep as a first step in getting a completely ruined machine replaced under warranty.

Evan