Bad experience

CbusBusa

Ask Powersports in Grove City. Remember that R1 I just bought. Well I decided to go with a cruiser for long rides. I made plans in advance to take time off in conjunction with Memorial Day wknd. So I could ride up to New Jersey with my father to see my brother in the military. So I traded in the R1 and bought a "new" leftover Suzuki S83. Well since it's been sitting in a crate so long. The carbs were gummed, the brakes were glazed, the speedo cable was installed wrong and it broke the first mile. Knowing I have plans to take off with it Friday. I take it back to them on Monday so they have all week to get it done. It's now Saturday and I had to get into an argument with everyone there just to get my bike back. They told me the carbs were all taken apart and cleaned and the brakes were taken off and cleaned up. The only thing done was a cap on the carb was removed to adjust the mixture screws. You can see the mounting hardware was never touched! It still backfires and pops in the carbs, the brakes still squeel like hell going down the road. They took a cable off another bike in the shop. So basically I got completely screwed over and I didn't get to go on the trip. I traded in my sick ass R1 and paid another 1500 cash for a piece of shit that they won't stand behind. We've purchased 3 bikes from them and this is how they treat loyal customers. I'll never do business there again. It has a 1 yr. factory warranty. I'm going to take it to Honda Northwest. I've had nothing, but good experiences there. I'm sure a lot of people have had good experiences at Ask and so had I until this.

ask powersports has always been shitty i go to a mom and pop shop out in hebron (by national trails) my friend bought her ninja 250 from there and they refuse to do her warranty work such bs sorry man.... why did u trade in your r1 anyways didn't u just get that?

I'm sure a lot of people have had good experiences at Ask and so had I until this.

http://lazyk.blogspot.com ---read from the beginning, you'll laugh, you'll cry as well because it's likely applied directly to you.

sorry to hear that you got screwed by them, but this is far from their first time sticking it to their "customers" (victims)

i did just buy that R1. I loved that bike too. but.... mom was bitchin because she wanted to ride with me, but on something more comfortable. i lived in jersey for 6 years and it was great ridin a sportbike(philly, the shore, nyc). i found it kinda boring ridin around here by myself. so since my dad and sister have cruisers....why not. I took the carbs off and cleaned them myself. they were completely full of crap so i know they were never touched. to add insult to injury the right fork seal started leaking. i called Honda Northwest and asked if they could do the warranty work on it. they said normally i should take it back to where i bought it. i mentioned Ask Powersports and he said nevermind I'm setting you up an appointment now. apparently they know Ask screws everyone over! i wouldn't take my bicycle back there to have the tires aired up. so far i love the treatment at Honda Northwest...more to follow.

• 3 weeks later...
I dropped my bike off Monday night at Honda Northwest. They called me Tuesday afternoon with what was wrong with it, when the parts would be in, and an appointment to bring it back to have it fixed.(so i can ride it until then) A+ on the service. As for Ask. Her father owns them she just runs that one. So don't trust any Ask. IMO

I went in the fucking place looking for a part and stood there for 10 mins while person after person walked past me at the counter and the dude standing there just took call after call. Never once even looked at me. I finally said in a voice loud enough to be heard "youve gotta be fuckin kidding me" and walked out. Shitty place indeed.

I bought my ATV's from Ask, they suck. Can't get parts wouldn't dare let them touch my stuff. Heard so much about their service department I feel sorry for their customers. What a piss poor experience. :bs:

I live far from Honda Northwest but I will keep them in mind, might be worth the drive when i do need something.

Ben you made my day!!!! I didn't realize they had moved the blog. Oh how I've missed reading the true stories on there.

Mark, I'm glad to hear you had a good experience with Northwest. They've always been a straight forward dealer. They weren't always the cheapest (which is why Ask even exists), but they were always honest. One of the very few contacts I keep in the industry works there.

Their parts and service both suck. I had a tire put on there and I waited at the counter for 20 minutes for someone to take my money. I should've walked out. Their service is a couple kids with their dad's tools. Northwest's service department is state of the art compared to Ask.