1st time mudding....

Dr. Apex

I got trail happy today and wanted to take the Pathy offroad since I've never done it before. I found a small 4 wheeler trail in Pickerington thay goes through a creek. Nothing difficult as even my noob ass and stock Pathy could handle but it was fun finally forging through the creek almost getting stuck in some soft sand and climbing over some small obstacles. I did manage to scratch the shit out of the passenger side of the Pathy on a tree limb but oh well.

I now get the appeal it has and want to do it some more. Where are the easy trails that a noob like me can go? I'd love to follow someone up some trails sometime.

Nothing within 1 hour of Columbus is legal so be careful. My club holds "Novice" trail rides twice a year. Next ones in August. http://www.ohio4x4.com

If the summer stays dry most trails are easily done in any 4x4 with a few places that you'd need actual mud tires to get through. Lately everyone seems to be buying lockers and huge mud tires to do every trail and I think its kinda funny. Actually trail riding is pretty boring in my truck since I did all the mods to it. There are only probably 3-4 50 foot spots on all ohios trails that my truck would have trouble on. It used to be fun and difficult trying to get to those spots.

Kinda sucks when you can measure your total adventure possibilities with a large tape measure when you used to be able to measure it in 10's of miles.

Evan

Painted rock might not be a bad idea if you don't mind doing some serious body damage. The people out there are a little hillbilly (go figure they live in the hills) and like to make the trails as narrow as possible. Other than that there isn't really any thing any 4x4 couldn't do.

Evan