270 west/east

1BAD69Z

I am always seeing cops on 270 going west toward Sawmill or coming east from Sawmill. They sit in these gaps in the concrete wall in the middle of the freeway. Its bullshit because you cant see any of their car until your passed them! So watch yourself when you pass there I think that the only gap in the wall on both sides. :bs:

It's easy once you know where they are. I can see the light bars on the Dublin cops between Sawmill and 161. Fuck 'em all :finger:

Sometimes coming eastbound, you'll see them on the left berm out in the open but the catch is the road crests between the water towers and 315 so watch traffic in the fast lane.

I always watch for brake lights. 99% effective for me as even an old lady doing 55mph in the center lane will hit the brakes when she sees a cop. Just keep your eyes open.

Guest tbutera2112
theres a spot on the south east side of 270 between 70 and 33....they hide kinda down in the ditch at night with their lights off...dont see them till youre past them

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest bimmer95
They sit in these gaps in the concrete wall in the middle of the freeway. Its bullshit because you cant see any of their car until your passed them!

When that section of 270 was first reopened, I remember thinking, "that'll be a PERFECT place for cops to hide out" :(

Get to know where these spots are and look for their light bars....the tops are visible from a distance. also, once you know where they are you can watch traffic up ahead for break lights. I do this on 270 in Dublin and being alert is 2x better than my V1.

I also tend to keep to the center lanes as when I see a cop on either side, I can usually dodge over and block his line of sight with another car or truck. Today I was heading from Sawmill to 33/Marysville, saw the light bar, jumped to the far right lane, sped up to 80+mph and moved to the right side of a semi in the center lane. I was never in the Troopers view or line of sight, hopped on 33 to Avery Road and essencially did the same thing to the Dublin cop that waits under the bridge at Avery Rd. taggin people headed to work at Honda / Post Rd. Merged on at 70-75mph, could see him up in the far distance but moved right after entering 33, behind an SUV and exited without barely even being visible to him.

When that section of 270 was first reopened, I remember thinking, "that'll be a PERFECT place for cops to hide out" :(

Guest bimmer95
The bad part is that some of the OSP guys will get out of their cars and peak around the side of the wall like freaking snipers. By the time you're close enough to see the top of the light bar, they can nail you with the laser.

I've seen that, but then when they do that you will for sure see brake lights up ahead, nose diving SUV's and occasionally old folks will over-react and swerve over 1/2 lane :eek:

The bad part is that some of the OSP guys will get out of their cars and peak around the side of the wall like freaking snipers. By the time you're close enough to see the top of the light bar, they can nail you with the laser.

Guest bimmer95
Absolutely, I always watch ahead for brake lights, but I pretty much just set the cruise control at ~70MPH anywhere on 270 regardless. The constant speedtraps are just too thick not to.