Kimbo fight this weekend ?

lawnman

I know he is over rated and a well rounded fighter should beat him , but he is supposed to fight this Saturday night. I can't seem to find it on the t.v. schedule. Is it still on t.v. this saturday ? I heard it was supposed to be on Cbs , but my tv says the Childrens Miracle Network telethon is on then.

Sunday is the big fight on versus , Faber vs. Pulver . That is the fight should have been on CBS. :confused:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kimbo slice isn't overated, everyone gets beat in the ufc that's why its so good. boxing the same guy will be champ for 10 yrs, in ufc hed be lucky to be champ for 2 yrs depending on how many fights he has

We basically get fucked. You get the fight if you live in the east or the west.

explain?

i was about to post a thread like this too...i kept seeing the ads for the CBS fight night or whatever, but couldnt find it on tv.

kimbo slice isn't overated, everyone gets beat in the ufc that's why its so good. boxing the same guy will be champ for 10 yrs, in ufc hed be lucky to be champ for 2 yrs depending on how many fights he has

IMO he would be lucky to ever see Champ. He can box but can he really grapple and submit????

I need to see him in a fight where he has to defend himself vs. a takedown or submission attempt.

He may be the greatest thing ever, but until he actually is put in the ring against a well rounded fighter , I will have my doubts.

I need to see him in a fight where he has to defend himself vs. a takedown or submission attempt.

He may be the greatest thing ever, but until he actually is put in the ring against a well rounded fighter , I will have my doubts.

As I said before, not going to happen for a very long time. He brings fans and ups the ratings. The last thing they want is for him to lose.

i agree that street fights on you tube aint shit on pro fighters. i worded my last statement worng, when i was saying he and champ i didnt mean kimbo, i just meant in general. but kimbo should do ok if it doesnt end up on the ground

As I said before, not going to happen for a very long time. He brings fans and ups the ratings. The last thing they want is for him to lose.

That is what I thought. There is too much money invested in Kimbo right now for him to loose.

The fight is on CBS but not until 1AM Monday morning.

From 10TV website:

COLUMBUS, Ohio — WBNS-10TV will broadcast the EliteXC Saturday Night Fights Monday at 1 a.m. for viewers wishing to record or watch the program.

Please allow extra record time on your DVR or VCR should programming run long.

The pre-emption is happening because of the Children's Miracle Network Telethon that airs on Saturday night.

WBNS-10TV has a long standing commitment to the Children's Miracle Network Telethon and Nationwide Children's Hospital. The telethon was scheduled well in advance of the EliteXC Saturday Night Fights and our commitments do not allow us to move the telethon since other factors impact its airtime (phone banks, network cut-ins, etc.).

Some viewers have asked if 10TV is preempting the show due to the nature of the programming. This preemption is simply a programming conflict that could not be resolved and is not an attempt to censor the EliteXC broadcast.

The second Elite XC Fight will air as scheduled on July 26 from 9 to 11 p.m.

We appreciate your understanding.

just checked my guide for sun night/mon morning, has something else listed...fuck

The fight is on CBS but not until 1AM Monday morning.

From 10TV website:

COLUMBUS, Ohio — WBNS-10TV will broadcast the EliteXC Saturday Night Fights Monday at 1 a.m. for viewers wishing to record or watch the program.

Please allow extra record time on your DVR or VCR should programming run long.

The pre-emption is happening because of the Children's Miracle Network Telethon that airs on Saturday night.

WBNS-10TV has a long standing commitment to the Children's Miracle Network Telethon and Nationwide Children's Hospital. The telethon was scheduled well in advance of the EliteXC Saturday Night Fights and our commitments do not allow us to move the telethon since other factors impact its airtime (phone banks, network cut-ins, etc.).

Some viewers have asked if 10TV is preempting the show due to the nature of the programming. This preemption is simply a programming conflict that could not be resolved and is not an attempt to censor the EliteXC broadcast.

The second Elite XC Fight will air as scheduled on July 26 from 9 to 11 p.m.

We appreciate your understanding.

Any luck with this.. i know my directv is showing the charity thing too even at 1am.

Man I got it tivod hopefully this works out...nothing like some cereal and mma!

tivod here also on the other cbs that direct tv has. Hope it works.