I am wondering if you can help me. I'm looking for a piece of black

plastic trim that goes around the rear quarter window on the passenger side of

our 2004 Lexus RX330. It's the little window behind the passenger

door. The trim is shaped like a "C" or chevron and clips into the outside

frame of the window. The window is fixed and doesn't roll up or

down.

On our drive to Reno, this piece came loose and flew off as we traveled

through a dust devil while going 70 MPH on the freeway. There was no way

to avoid the dust devil or turn around to try and find this trim.

We didn't think it would be that difficult to replace. However,

according to Lexus dealers, to replace this, you have to replace the entire

window, which is over $300 plus labor. This seems so ridiculous to me, as

the trim just clips on. I would appreciate it if you could refer to me to

the places and/or websites you have found to locate spare parts. Any help

would be greatly appreciated.

If anyone can find me the piece online or have any ideas it would be greatly appreciated. They are not local but I am sure we could send it to them.

Thanks all.

I know this is shady, but jack it from an unsuspecting person at the mall if it's so easy to take? lol.

not going to lie, when I lost a center cap off my infiniti, parking lots were like a goldmine :o

• Downvote 2

I know this is shady, but jack it from an unsuspecting person at the mall if it's so easy to take? lol.

not going to lie, when I lost a center cap off my infiniti, parking lots were like a goldmine :o

Are you seriously telling him to steal shit off someone elses car?

Are you seriously telling him to steal shit off someone elses car?

lol no not really.. I had someone do it to me, and seriously I wonder if that's what people think.

I was furious when someone stole the trim off my windshield at burgerking.

• Downvote 1

I'd like to smash your face with a large bat.

That's messed up if true !

I hope you were joking.

lol no not really.. I had someone do it to me, and seriously I wonder if that's what people think.

I was furious when someone stole the trim off my windshield at burgerking.

Obviously I was joking?

If you are trying to avoid buying one new ... then try to get lucky and find one at a junkyard.

Buying that piece new is what they want. Lexus will only sell them the little trim piece with a whole new fucking window. They don't want to pay that and that is ridiculous anyway.

Buying that piece new is what they want. Lexus will only sell them the little trim piece with a whole new fucking window. They don't want to pay that and that is ridiculous anyway.

I know you said "new" but have you tried http://www.cars-parts.com you can locate any part for any car across the nation

Guest EM1 2ENVY

K A R M A.

kevin why dont you just order it from lexus? i know t will probabally be pricy, but you gotta do what you gotta do, let me know if i can help ya out i have some accounts at certain dealers.

K A R M A.

kevin why dont you just order it from lexus? i know t will probabally be pricy, but you gotta do what you gotta do, let me know if i can help ya out i have some accounts at certain dealers.

I ain't orderin' anything it is their deal. They just wanted the trim piece that can go right the hell on and there is no need to buy the whole window but that is the only way they sell it.