trunk mount battery q's

Dave1647545494

to free up some space I decided to move my battery I have the sealed box and a new battery cable and a master disconect switch....

what I need to know is what is the easiest way to kill the alternator when the switch is flipped unless i'm wrong the car should just continue to run unless either the charge wire or the exciter wire is also interupted

any input appreciated

thanks

Depends on how you wired it Dave. Can you draw a little diagram on MS Paint?

The car will shut off if the disconnect is between the battery and the alternator on the power circuit obviously. With the alternator not being able to receive current, the car will not run.

Guest 614Streets
run the big gauge wire from the alterantor charge + to the switch positive side which will also have the battery positive , the other pole will be the starter pole +

Guest 614Streets

Do you mean a relay fired off the starter solenoid so that when the poles at the master cutoff "break" away the exciter circuit will be disrupted? I know when I did mine I refered to the NHRA rulebook. I know thats not the way they want it done. Are you sure the alternator will put out zero output with the exciter non energized? I know its possible for amps to flow through spinning alternators w/o the exciter energized.

I would just run a thick cable back from the output and call it done.

Guest Removed

run the alt wire right to the battery, have everything else pulling of the noid !

easyist way to do it without the shut down relay they try to stick you for at jegs.

right now the switch is between battery positive and the starter solenoid I was going to put a relay on the exciter wire so I didn't have to run my 140amp alternator feed all the way to the switch will that work?

take the alt wire right to the battery or the battery side of the switch. ;)