2.3t swapped mustang

81mercury

well more bad luck, back to not starting at all so if anyone wants it they can come get it...1000 for the car with the 2.3 in it, the spare t5, and the turbo coupe 16's.. i dont have the urge to fuck with it anymore :( i think im going to look for me a chevy...i have a few pics up down the page but if you want more of the bad i can get them.. 88 t-top hatch mustang

good. 2.3t with all new gaskets/sensors/pumps/belts/clutch kit(zoom) pk1 eec and small vam 30lb injectors.....cars solid....t3 turbo spools well when the cra feels like running..

bad. cracked exhaust manifold, needs driver floorpan and interior(if you want that shit) gauges all need mounted, hood needs painted to match and it needs a marker light.

you have to trailer it yourself unless your willing to give an extra 100 bucks for delivery :(

how much without the 306 short block?

:D 1200 trailered to you, 1000 if you want to come get it

and pictures

bad side of the body, door handle works just needs bolted back in

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc20/mercsidewayz/frankenstang001.jpg

motor in the car with the new style intake

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc20/mercsidewayz/frankenstang028.jpg

whats left of the interior....

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc20/mercsidewayz/frankenstang031.jpg

might be interested in that 306 how fresh is it?

new but sprayed in comsolyne to prevent rust....some people say you can clean it off with degreaser others say it needs baked again...trw .30 over forged flat tops, the blocks a 68 hi po so its non roller

bump for being broke.....1000 for the car and you come get, that includes the turbo coupe wheels and all.....even have a spare t5 for the car....1100 and you can have the 306 too....i need to buy a dd

hmm....300 bucks for the turbo motor/bellhousing/clutch and harness...im not sure why but the car keeps eating eec's....runs great for around 2 hrs after you change it, after that if you shut it off it goes to a no start and wont change unless you swap another eec....but i think im keeping the body for a v8.....

eating the eec relay or the ecu?

ecu itself as far as i know...i unbolt the plug on one, plug in the next and its fine....ran the last one for 2 hrs, and then turned it off, now it wont start again on any of the 3 ecu's :confused:

injectors killing it? or a wiring issue is doing it

acts like injectors but they have been checked twice buy 2 diffrent shops :confused: it floods when you try cranking it, but has great spark and timing doesnt magically jump while its parked :confused:

Guest Removed
maybe the wrong ones? if i remember right there was high and low resistnace ones wasnt there? and if you got the wrongs one, it will fry the ecu....

the original eec and motor came out of the same car, it ran when we started it on the trailer...im not sure but im sure i dont want to spend any more money chasing the problem....bump for a carb'd v8

• 4 weeks later...
bump.......1000 bucks for everything, the car, spare trans. tc wheels, spare 7.5 (3:73 trac lock), 306 shortblock, a bunch of extra parts...mostly 302 but a few 2.3 parts..valve covers, alternators,starters...blah blah blah... or trade for a g body(cutlass,regal) or anything... car needs a harness and i dont have the interest in finding one

bump.......1000 bucks for everything, the car, spare trans. tc wheels, spare 7.5 (3:73 trac lock), 306 shortblock, a bunch of extra parts...mostly 302 but a few 2.3 parts..valve covers, alternators,starters...blah blah blah... or trade for a g body(cutlass,regal) or anything... car needs a harness and i dont have the interest in finding one

on TurboFord.net's forum, there is a link to this dealer on the side that makes replacement harnesses:

http://www.thedetailzone.com/ford%20replacement%20harnesses.htm

how did you wire it?

if it was a speed density mustang from the factory all you needed to do was chop of the egr plug and extend the wires to the vane air meter then add a single wire and a switch for the 87/94 octane selector switch my guess if its eating ecu's is the octane jumper is wrong I fried one by being one pin off on the jumper