Taking a stab at Hypermiling.

Farkas

I'm going to be playing with weight and Aero. This 4AC could use a tuneup and a short belt (has AC an PS). My screwdriver stethoscope tells me it may need a valve adjustment, but I don't know how to do that yet. lol.

It'd be nice to get some longer gears in the diff, but again, no luck finding.

I'm going to be playing with weight and Aero. This 4AC could use a tuneup and a short belt (has AC an PS). My screwdriver stethoscope tells me it may need a valve adjustment, but I don't know how to do that yet. lol.

It'd be nice to get some longer gears in the diff, but again, no luck finding.

Let me put it this way, you can definately do without the AC and PS. Both units weigh probably a good 50lbs each not including the brackets and etc.. and also the benefits from taking that extra strain off the engine will get you good gains. The car is so light you won't be able to tell it had PS in the first place. Also the 4ACs had the longest final drive at 4.3, GTSs came with 4.5. Valve adjustment isn't hard at all.. just takes a little time and patience to get it right.

Seriously, let me know because I would enjoy getting in on that experiment of yours. We can get the AC and PS out and loop the lines in no time, and I'm sure I could get you a really good deal for valve shims and everything else you might need.

edit*- You can find longer final drives but you're looking upward of 400, which might be a bit more than you wanna drop in that car.

Another option is taller tire, in lieu of gearing. I'm not realy to worried about the weight of the PS/AC, as much asi am concerned about their drag on a weak engine. On straight-flat highway, weight means failry little once you're at speed. At that point, it's all RPM and drag. ;)

A taller tire is really your only option as far as the sr5. Nobody makes final drives for the 6.7 rear end. The drag you will save off the engine will be the biggest benefit to you but it is suprizing how much the units weigh.

Edit- even on my 4ag, after removing the clutch fan for an electric one, and removing AC and PS there was a tremendous difference.

Taking the car out of gear and killing the motor when coming to a stop is retarded.

Fuel injected cars cut fuel on decel from the factory. Watch the o2 counts.

Ugh. Fucking hippies.

That, and the fuel needed to restart the engine would probably last a few miles.