Ford Lightning with Ported Eaton Dyno Results

DTM Brian

Nice numbers brain. Why so rich? Or is that normal? I thought 13:1 was the best to have or is that for n/a applications only?

13:1 is a little lean period. That's a good AF for a FI car. 13:1 and it'd explode.

Not with the correct timing ;)

Lots of ULEV/LEV engine's (even with forced induction) will run close to stoic as possible, for as long as possible.

:eek: I thought 11.5 was spot on for a FI car. I know of guys running 12.0 (Not on pump gas though) Maybe, MAYBE an e85 FI car with mad retarded timing I could see 13.0. But with 13.0 AFRs+ pump gas + any real amount of boost = Serious detonation = engine death

:eek: I thought 11.5 was spot on for a FI car. I know of guys running 12.0 (Not on pump gas though) Maybe, MAYBE an e85 FI car with mad retarded timing I could see 13.0. But with 13.0 AFRs+ pump gas + any real amount of boost = Serious detonation = engine death

11.5:1 is spot on for best power & combustion temperature control for that setup (2x the cylinder density). Brian's tune is fantastic, no way am I questioning his work.

Notice the key words: as close as possible and as long as possible.

Every AFR has a unique spark timing curve. Whether operation can happen without detonation or large operating temperatures is conditional both on the engine design and operating condition.

Nice numbers...Mine let loose on a pull with stock heads and 16.5 boost at 17 degrees timing at 432/499...I am having ported heads and better cams done now so it kind of lets me see where I could possible be when it is completed.

Notice the key words: as close as possible and as long as possible.

I gotcha. Yeh that WRX log is believable. lean for a second, then more towards the rich side. It looks actually like the ECU is looking for a target of close to 11.0 on that log for the most part. Had the line been 13.0 flat across, the motor would be toast. Thats all I meant. I shoulda read your post a little better I guess. :)

Brian, i again thank you very much for getting up a little early and taking time out of your day to tune my truck.

Both times Brian has tuned my truck he has been professional and never did anything questionable or without my consent. I couldnt have asked for any a better tune from the setup i have. Like some others have i HIGHLY reccomend Brian for any Ford tuning, he knows his stuff quite well.

We could have pushed the timimg more but Brian and myself were happy the way it was especially for a street tune. Other factor was i have 100% stock intercooler system except for maybe some Water Wetter, so after i get a Killer Chiller or a Icey Res i'll go back and see what we can do.

Mike, sounds like you have the red beast ready to go now...Naturally, this 90+ degree air is all we need...Yes on the Killer Chiller for sure.

Thanks Dave, yea the humidity and heat is killing me

impressive numbers

Thank you sir, much appreciated

I gotcha. Yeh that WRX log is believable. lean for a second, then more towards the rich side. It looks actually like the ECU is looking for a target of close to 11.0 on that log for the most part. Had the line been 13.0 flat across, the motor would be toast. Thats all I meant. I shoulda read your post a little better I guess. :)

Not your fault, I think I put the emphasis in the wrong area. :)

One thing to keep in mind: LRBT - Least Rich, Best Torque. Additional fueling controls combustion and component temperatures - to a point. Their main point is keeping the catalytic converter somewhat operational, and cool.