Gun Crew - w00t!

evan9381

i cant copy/paste for some reason, but read article on front page here

http://www.ohioccw.org/

im sure as hell glad ill be able to carry in unlocked glove box while in the car...

edit...here we go...

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Fairfax, VA-Ohio Governor Ted Strickland today signed the National Rifle Association (NRA)-backed “Castle Doctrine” legislation into law to expand the self-defense rights of law-abiding citizens. SB 184, sponsored by State Senator Steve Buehrer (R-1), protects the rights of innocent victims to defend themselves from criminal attack while expanding the rights of concealed-carry permit holders.

“I want to thank all parties concerned for working together to make this victims’ rights bill the law in Ohio,” said Chris W. Cox, NRA's chief lobbyist. “When you're confronted by a criminal, you don't have the luxury of time. Under the ‘Castle Doctrine’ provision, if someone breaks into your occupied home or temporary habitation, or your occupied car, you now have an initial presumption that you may act in self defense and you will not be second-guessed by the State. The ability to protect yourself and your family from harm is important no matter where you are.”

Also included in SB 184 are several pro-gun provisions that make Ohio's concealed carry laws more “user friendly”. Among these revisions include important clarifications for persons without a Concealed Handgun License (CHL) to legally transport firearms in an automobile, and pick up/drop off abilities for license holders in school safety zones. The bill also designates mandatory legal fees for gun owners who require court orders to have firearms returned to them, decriminalizes concealed carry in privately owned parking garages, allows permit holders to carry a firearm in an unlocked glove compartment or center console and removes the written test requirement for renewal of a concealed handgun license.

“The Castle Doctrine bill is about putting the law back on the side of the victim, the way it's supposed to be,” concluded Cox.

So basically if you call 911 and say that someone tried to break into your home and you thought they were going to hurt you, you can shoot them?

There has to be some stipulations there... like forced entry, how many times you shot them, how you shot them, etc. It sounds like one of those bills that would make a great deal of sence if your the home owner, but it also leaves a ton of oppertunity for people to kill and lie about it.

So basically if you call 911 and say that someone tried to break into your home and you thought they were going to hurt you, you can shoot them?

There has to be some stipulations there... like forced entry, how many times you shot them, how you shot them, etc. It sounds like one of those bills that would make a great deal of sence if your the home owner, but it also leaves a ton of oppertunity for people to kill and lie about it.

I was thinking the same thing.

Seems like a great law for those of us who wouldn't abuse it, but we all know there are some that will try to use this to their advantage.

Hope it all works out, seems like some logic has been used in gov't for once. Amazing.

:bangbang:

Yeah, but the thousands of ignorant fucks out there that would call 911 to report someone brandishing a gun would screw that up.

Yea like when i was out in the drainage area shooting my pellet gun and someone called the CPD and told them someone was shooting a shot gun with a scope on it.

The officers thought it was funny. As they said though, 95% out there dont even know what they are looking at.

FYI - its illegal to discharge anyhting over 400ft/sec within city limits...

If my wife is coming home late, odds are I will have the lights on and be waiting on her.

In the event I would fall asleep, the sound of her key opening the lock would be identifiable from someone whacking a window or a door to gain entry. Given that my wife has a key to the house, I would asume she would use it rather than attempting to use a window anyways.

If my wife is coming home late, odds are I will have the lights on and be waiting on her.

In the event I would fall asleep, the sound of her key opening the lock would be identifiable from someone whacking a window or a door to gain entry. Given that my wife has a key to the house, I would asume she would use it rather than attempting to use a window anyways.

You misunderstood, I was more thinking of it as a way to kill your spouse and get away with it. :p