7 busted after cheers erupt at S.C. graduations

ImUrOBGYN

i have no sympathy for the dumbasses arreseted, though a citation would be more appropriate, if they clearly started no cheering and you can be prosecuted then thats their fault.

its a thing of respect, do you want people cheering for the last person when your kids name is about to be said?

""For some people, it might be the only member of their family to graduate high school, and it was like a funeral in there," Orr said."

I think that somes it up pretty well. These people were probably trash, and i doubt they gave a simple cheer or a 'whoop'. It would be one thing if people could clap for their grad and then quiet down for the next person so their family could hear their name called, but I've seen it get way out of hand for some of these people. A kid at my brothers graduation did the 'c-walk' after he got his diploma while his whole family screamed for the 2 minutes.

WTF!!! It all boils down to people respecting each other. If you are proud of your son, daughter, sister, brother etc. , then you should be able to cheer. But be respectful of the other people that are graduating and STFU after their name has been called. You can throw a party AFTER everyone has had their chance to walk across the stage. I don’t know what’s worse, the fact that the school had cops there ready to remove people, or the fact that the people couldn’t be polite and respectful enough that they HAD to be removed. Because you know this wasn’t the first year of stupidity at a graduation. Which just strengthens the argument that apparently the kid walking across the stage IS the only one in the family with enough sence…rant/

i read this after i posted. i agree completely. and i feel like a copycat.