H2O Car Unveiled

ImUrOBGYN

I think the oil companies have seen this coming for a while and thats the reason why they keep raising prices. This way when these cars do take over they will have already made 50 years worth of profits over a 20 year span.

I guess the real question is, once this happens, will they raise the price of water?

The real profitier will sell cheap and simple rain catching devices and condesation catching devises to cathc "FREE" water... me on the other hand, ill be melting the snow in Colorado ;)

The real profitier will sell cheap and simple rain catching devices and condesation catching devises to cathc "FREE" water... me on the other hand, ill be melting the snow in Colorado ;)

My scenario:

New Reasons to Drink and Drive

Sir, is that your case of beer in the passenger seat?

Yes, Officer.

Have you been drinking?

Yes, Officer. I need to get home.

===============================

Sounds like a good excuse to drink a few beers and let rip. Maybe the gf would stop asking for me to go on long trips. :D

I can't view the video at work, but I call bullshit, and I also think thermodynamics should be a required class in high school. Sure you can have a car "powered by water", it can and already has been done with electrolysis. However, like rl said, the power has to come from somewhere and just using the power for electric motors would be far more efficient.

Energy in must equal energy out.

I can't view the video at work, but I call bullshit, and I also think thermodynamics should be a required class in high school. Sure you can have a car "powered by water", it can and already has been done with electrolysis. However, like rl said, the power has to come from somewhere and just using the power for electric motors would be far more efficient.

Energy in must equal energy out.

In theory, part of the process is accelerated using a "catalyst" - which is essencially creating some sort of harmonic frequency within the electrolysis process.

In the end it doesn't matter. If cars "run on water" were mass produced, large corporations will create the sense of scarcity to control prices of water, and in the next century you can sit on columbusracing and bitch about water prices.

This thread made me lol. This has been around since before most of the people on this board was even born....

There was a guy from Grove City that came up with this in the late 70's early 80's. He made a rail buggy run on water. If I remember right he had a meeting with the Government about his new technology and was never heard from again.

This is brought up way too often. The concept defies a key law of thermodynamics that I am too lazy to look up.

However, if there is actual proof and a detailed explanation, this advance would change the world (as well as the pages of my science book)

You guys are gonna make my head asplode. If he is using a catalyst, it is probably pure sodium or another of the alkaline metals as they react with water and release the hydrogen. You think gasoline is expensive? Try filling up on sodium... Harmonics have absolutely nothing to do with it.

Hotwire, it is the 1st law of thermo that it is violating.