Jetta 1.8T help!!!!

Rhett

Hey my buddy has a 2001 Jetta 1.8T and he bought a Manual Boost Controller (MBC) and how he installed it, it dosn't do nothing. It dost increase boost or reduce it. So I am guessing he installed it completly wrong, and now that I am home he is wanting me to help him get it right. So I have looked all over the net and cant find a step by step guide on how to do it. And due to my lack of know how on turbo motor the pics I have found don't do shit for me. So if any one know a good site or wouldnt mind swinging out to help me out. I live in the blacklick area.

My second question is, How much boost is safe on his engine (Stock with no tune)

My third and last question is what are some good cheap mods for the Jetta 1.8T engines?

Thanks for the help.

I have never worked on a V Dubb but in my experience with turbo motors you can turn the boost up until you get detonation then back it off a pound or so..I have never ran over 7lbs without a tune..Maybe Neonkiller will chime in and tell you how to set it up.

Goodluck

Well so far he has:

CAI

Full Exhaust (Magnaflow)

Down Pipe

And the MBC that does not work.

I told him to chip it and now he is thinking that, what is a good company to go wit does he have to send his ECU off?

AutoAssets does GIAC chipping but I recommend APR which he can get done at ECS near Cleveland or send his ECU to ECS overnight both ways.

I also recommend him to get:

APR Throttle Body Hose

APR Turbo Compressor Inlet Hose

APR R1 Diverter Valve

After a chip with his current mods and the DV & Hoses he will have a nice stage 2+ 1.8t and add some reliability.

Hey my buddy has a 2001 Jetta 1.8T and he bought a Manual Boost Controller (MBC) and how he installed it, it dosn't do nothing. It dost increase boost or reduce it. So I am guessing he installed it completly wrong, and now that I am home he is wanting me to help him get it right. So I have looked all over the net and cant find a step by step guide on how to do it. And due to my lack of know how on turbo motor the pics I have found don't do shit for me. So if any one know a good site or wouldnt mind swinging out to help me out. I live in the blacklick area.

My second question is, How much boost is safe on his engine (Stock with no tune)

My third and last question is what are some good cheap mods for the Jetta 1.8T engines?

Thanks for the help.

Car doesnt even need a boost controler it already has one programmed into the ECU. "N75"

Chip it and be done with it.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1835863 DIY section.

Here yea go

http://boostvalve.com/images/1.8T_bv.jpg

annnnnd...

http://boostvalve.com/images/1.8T_n75_bv.jpg

Definately do the chip (Unitronic at Haus of Dub is solid) and a new DV would be a nice upgrade too. As far as other things go, look throughly in the faq killer posted above. I highly reccomend the diode mod. You shouldbe able to turn the boost up quite a bit before it goes into limp mode.