Spotted: R8 and Gallardo

Putty

The R8 is nice, but IMO not worth the cash you have to shell out for one.

With a Lamborghini or Ferrari, you are partly paying for that name. So if the performance isn't all that great for the dollar, it's understandable. But Audi isn't an exotic-only company.

For the cash (or significantly less), I'd rather go faster in a Z06/ZR1, Turbo Porsche, etc.

That said, still a nice car. Perhaps todays version of the NSX? Think about it:

- Both are mid-engine cars

- The "comfortable" exotic.

- Underpowered for the price.

- Handles well, but not out of this world well

- Reasonably reliable (we will see, but the motor is pulled from a heavily shared parts bin at least).

R8 = modern NSX. Not a bad thing, just too much money.

With a Lamborghini or Ferrari, you are partly paying for that name. So if the performance isn't all that great for the dollar, it's understandable. But Audi isn't an exotic-only company.

For the cash (or significantly less), I'd rather go faster in a Z06/ZR1, Turbo Porsche, etc.

That said, still a nice car. Perhaps todays version of the NSX? Think about it:

- Both are mid-engine cars

- The "comfortable" exotic.

- Underpowered for the price.

- Handles well, but not out of this world well

- Reasonably reliable (we will see, but the motor is pulled from a heavily shared parts bin at least).

Ok first since when is 420 HP @ 8000 rpm under powered the lamb only makes 80 more HP????

Second it cost half as much.

Third I'll take a R8 over a ZR1. Don't get me wrong they are nice but its still just a vette. R8 has better lines and just looks meaner (personal opinion)

Fourth R8 is cheaper the a ZR1, not that it really matters if you have the money to buy a R8 I'm sure you could afford the Vette as well.

I agree, but for those that have the money and can justify spending it on the car or cars like that, they likely don't care about bang for the buck. it's all about being different as the main priority. My brother is like that. He's always had some crazy expensive unique car/truck. Dang fast, but of course there's always something faster....but his have definitely been unique.

Any car can be made to be fast, but it won't make them a _______ in this case fill in the blank with R8.

Ok first since when is 420 HP @ 8000 rpm under powered the lamb only makes 80 more HP????

When a standard 45k Vette makes more HP. As does a Shelby Mustang. Or an M6. I can keep going through manufacturers selling cars with more HP for less money.

Second it cost half as much.

As a Gallardo? Which is 79k more base MSRP vs base MSRP, which is less than half. And didn't I explain why you can't really compare the two price wise? Plus the R8 seem to still be selling over sticker, unlike the Gallardo.

Third I'll take a R8 over a ZR1. Don't get me wrong they are nice but its still just a vette. R8 has better lines and just looks meaner (personal opinion)

Looks, okay, that's an opinion, can't argue it. 420HP vs. 638HP...those are solid numbers.

Fourth R8 is cheaper the a ZR1, not that it really matters if you have the money to buy a R8 I'm sure you could afford the Vette as well

WRONG. Base MSRP of the ZR1 will be $103,300. Base MSRP of an R8 is 109,000. Of course neither will sell for MSRP, but that's to be expected when they are first released. But why are we even comparing the ZR1...the R8 can't even keep up with the 72k Z06...........

So how is the R8 not the modern NSX?

both are owned by the same man... and his father has a yellow gallardo paddle shift to match his sons...

priviledged to have driven the Lambo before with the pipes it sounds mean as hell and goes like a bat out of hell...

love the R8 havent seen it in person yet..

edit wat sam said while i was writing this post

Honestly, this is a pretty retarded argument.

Yes, the Z06 Is faster, not even going to talk bout the ZR-1 lol.

However, they are really 2 different classes of car's in my book.

Thank god we live in a world where we have a choice.

:)

One's a European Supercar and one's an American Supercar....they're not too far from classes...

There's a black R8 floating around the Sawmill area too. Saw him again this morning. Nice car....I thought the same thing...I was a Veyron??

I probably saw the same one too, been seeing it up here in Dublin and Powell. Good looking car, then there was a white one I saw the other day with a blonde driving it. I didnt know what they were until now :-) Good looking cars!