Migraines

thorne

There are 2 things I have found that cure my migraines. Neither which are the Rx pills my doctor gives me or Excedrin migraine pills. Both happen to be controlled substances. One of them happens to be available at a hospital via an IV drip. The other one can be found by "street pharmacist" if you know what I mean :(

I hate migraines !!!

If you can not acquire either of the above I find consuming caffeine in a room with no sound and no light at all works. By no light I mean covering all windows with either tin foil and/or an afghan. Drink hot tea or coffee and rock yourself asleep.

At times when I find I need my Excedrin and don't have any, I have subtituted with my own cocktail of Tylenol, Asprin and a large dose of caffeine. Then if I can, I try to get somewhere completely devoid of light and noise and sleep it off, as mentioned above.

Stop fighting with Dr. Rick???

:)

Good advice.

I will give my .02, but the local butcher will tell you I am wrong. There is a product called Phosfood. It is made by Standard Process Inc. You may be able to get it at a Chiropractors office in Columbus. It has a high phosphorous content. The Phos. will allow blood vessels to relax. Caffeine is a vasoconstrictor so I dont think that will help.

Get off the computer will help too.

I used to get migraines when I was a kid. It was horrible. My dad got me some pillow with magnets in it and Ive only had a couple since. I don't know if I grew out of migraines or if the pillow fixed me. I think it was like $100 but it was well worth it.

There is a product called Phosfood. You may be able to get it at a Chiropractors office in Columbus.

HA!!!!

or you should see your doctor to make sure the migraine does not represent a more serious condition. many medications do the same thing as the above mentioned, but are just more efficacious.

I have been having headaches for days on end for months, then I went to the dr. He sent me for ct scan and I have a tumor (don't mean to scare you) but worth checking out. I will be having the tumor removed soon.

Damn Amanda, that is serious. I hope everything goes well.