Migraines

thorne

Migraines are caused by blood vessel constriction in your head.

There used to be a RX called Midrin that worked very well but alas they don't make it anymore. You can try the generic called Migrazone but it doesn't work as well.

I had a cat scan and all of that done for mine and finally the dr said they were just standard and prescribed me Midrin and Cafergot (for the really bad ones).

Get something prescription to knock it out or you will be suffering for a while.

While I have had decent luck with over-the-counter solutions, I agree with everyone saying have a doctor check you out first to make sure its not something more serious.

In my case the first couple of migraines I had scared me because I get "Auras" and got really sick the second time (nausea). I hadn't been to a doctor in 13 years prior, but I went 3 hours after having my second migraine. He asked alot of questions and explained what little they know about controlling them. He then prescribed Imitrex and said that it may not be the best for me, but it's where we'd start. Immediately following my visit he wanted me to have my teeth checked out (possible cause) and if that wasn't the issue he wanted to do a CAT scan as well to rule out the tumor possibility. Luckily, I haven't had one in about 8 months now, so I haven't been back. Every time I read about someone finding out they have a tumor it makes me think I should go get a cat scan anyway, just to be sure.

Damn Amanda, that is serious. I hope everything goes well.

I know and I'm terrified. The Dr. I had the consult with was good but made it sound like no big deal- just cut a window in your skull, blah, blah- 8-12 weeks off work possibly. I didn't know what to do but start crying. I have 2 small children (oldest is almost 4 and baby is 7 months old) and this is going to be rough. Luckily this type is rarely ever cancerous so that's good.

I know and I'm terrified. The Dr. I had the consult with was good but made it sound like no big deal- just cut a window in your skull, blah, blah- 8-12 weeks off work possibly. I didn't know what to do but start crying. I have 2 small children (oldest is almost 4 and baby is 7 months old) and this is going to be rough. Luckily this type is rarely ever cancerous so that's good.

pm sent