402cid INSTALL a Breeze but have no Cam sensor signal

Guest LtBlue99TA

Guest LtBlue99TA
I installed my LS2 402cid engine , but my cam sensor must not be getting signal cause my Stock Tach is not workin , plus its hard on start ups , please give me some advice , I've Tryed Switching the 2 end wires on the Wireing harness extension "A&C" and that makes no difference , still no signal , i've got the Comp cams LS2 adjustable Timing Set 3157KT So i know the Cam Sprocket is right also .. Anyone have any thoughts here let me know !!

Guest LtBlue99TA
for some reason i have no 12v comming from the red wire on the cam sensor harness so idk , i switched out the 2 wires made sure eveerything was connected right , so im out of clues ... im getting pissed

Guest LtBlue99TA
you didn't break the cam sensor did you? and did you flash the pcm before trying to start it up?

NO its brand new , when my buddys used his Snapon Scanner it said somthing about low voltage or no voltage on the harness.. but the thing is when my buddy deleted the codes out the Tach worked for a breif second then it went back to not working i need some help ..

Guest LtBlue99TA
is this the aluminum block or iron block? because the aluminum block you have to relocate the cam sensor to the front if i read the article correctly(I bought the iron block so I didn't have too relocate anything)

YEah the Cam sensor in my Aluminum block is in the Front Timing Cover ..

if you cut the old harness to make it longer so it can reach the front, I would double/triple check the harness make sure its not smashed under the intake and make sure you have good connections, check all grounds double check the ground behind the left cylinder head(driver side)

Make sure they installed a 24 tooth reluctor wheel gm # 12559353 and a "2x" cam sprocket gm # 12596023. Your computer reads tach signal differently than the later computer used like an e40 or e38.

Guest LtBlue99TA
Make sure they installed a 24 tooth reluctor wheel gm # 12559353 and a "2x" cam sprocket gm # 12596023. Your computer reads tach signal differently than the later computer used like an e40 or e38.

Im using the Comp cams adjustable LS2 timing set Part # 3157KT plus An Eagle forged Crankshaft with 24x reductor wheel .. so im lost here .. i gotta figure somthing out cause im not gunna be driving around till its done right !! i got about 100 mile on the engine , but its idling a little low so i'd rather get it fixed or have somone around columbus check into it for me ..

If there is no power, that is what you need to track down. Don't look into the other stuff until you find the base problem. You need a power source for the sensor, find where it went.

Guest Removed
If there is no power, that is what you need to track down. Don't look into the other stuff until you find the base problem. You need a power source for the sensor, find where it went.

plus one. now power no workie!

if you need someone to figure it out , give me a pm