IPS Motorsports and South Bend Clutches/flywheels

thorne

:bangbang::bangbang::bangbang::bangbang: WOW, When brandon pushed me to get the south bend stage 3 I was like who the hell is southbend. He told me they were Exedy disks and south bend was a kick ass company. I reluctantly agreed I mean hell IPS had yet to steer me wrong.

Fast forward a few months and the clutch was having a few issues. Well after linn was teaching me how to launch it got really bad. Then out of no where I'm driving down the street shift from 3rd to 4th and the clutch pedal goes to the floor.

I'm like fuck me. So I call brandon and mike talks with me and tells me he can arrange to get the car picked up for me. So they get the car and we go over it when I was up there tuning another car.

I was pretty sure it was the clutch but they thought it could be the slave cycl. So after a bit of tinkering we all are 99% sure its the clutch so I tell them rip into it.

Once in side they find that the clutch had been ripped apart. Litterally I'm going to post pics of it later.

They send the clutch back to southbend and talk with them. Southbend offered to send me a new clutch that was beefed up with a steel backing to prevent future issues. A new flywheel since the clutch ate mine up and get this shit. THEY PAID FOR MY LABOR!!!!!!!!!!.

Ips handled all fo this for me with the level of service I've become acostum to.

Thanks guys!!!!!!!!!

Just FWIW, I run South Bend Clutch products in all my Cummins powered trucks...They are a GREAT company that will stand behind whatever they sell. I will never deal with anyone else after the way South Bend has treated me!

Chris

good to know if my spec clutch goes to shit...

99.9% of the time Spec will tell you "Sorry about your luck" so I would never plan on getting that lucky. I have purchased well over 100 South Bend clutches now and Thorne's was the first to have a problem. Since it was installed here Andy over at SB took care of us but that is HIGHLY unusual for a clutch company to not only cover the part but also the labor.

Jeff